08; BLOODY PAY-BACK

SIX MONTHS LATER

Sitting on a topsoil, with Harriet and Newt right next to me, we waited for the train for the train to arrive. I actually had kneeled beneath the cover rock, with my head lowered and feeling uncofortable all the time. I wasn't very short, either very tall, I was somewhat in the middle. I took a look on my wrist watch. "They're late," "Why? They should have been there." I anxiously muttered, taking several deep breaths.

"Mione," Newt called touching my arm, "The Mione that I know is strong and confident. Don't ruin my impression of you." He finished and I shook my head.

"If something happend to them..." I continued and he faked a glare.

"Do you trust me?"

"Yeah, I do trust you─"

"Then I tell you that they're fine and on their way." He cut me off and I looked him in the eyes.

"Shh, lovebirds! Its not the right time for chats!" Harriet interrupted and we broke the eye contact. I blushed, very, very much. Me and Newt? Lovebirds? That's impossible! How could she think something like that? Our relationship is clearly friend and mate zoned.

Bitting anxiously my low lip, I managed to relax, before it comes. Because when the train arrives, we will finally get our friends back. Me and Harriet will have Aris and Sonya, Newt and Thomas will have Minho back. Easier said than done. How are we supposed to defeat a whole W.I.C.K.E.D's army once again? While the words "They're just kids" are totally unknown to them. Even to us. But the biggest concern of mine, was why did they want something that bad for us, if they claim that we used to work with them. More specifically for them. Some of us accompanying them and some others offering their blood for this goddamn cure. All we did was for this cure. The Maze, the Scorch, the experiments, the deaths. Every day, a body part of ours was fading for the greater good, living like lab rats. I can't remember more, but I can remember that I was with them at some point of time. Was that really for the greater good? All those questions which are remaining and considering to be unanswered.

"It's here, Mione." Newt dissolved the obscure cloud of my thoughts, while unzipping his huge backpack. "Everyone take place!" He ordered, making me nod. The boys showed themselves from the makeshift bushes and rocks, while Thomas tracked down the train, with Vince's help, placing a bomb in the middle of the train. It was just a matter of time before the explosion exposed. The loud 'boom' cut the long train in the middle.

Newt pulled out a gas can and he placed it on his shoulder. Harriet sprinted towards the train, in addition to do her part. Now it was my part. I forearmed my gun and the blonde boy wrapped my wrist, before leaving our cover rock, "Be careful. Don't die." He simply advised me. Glade mother.

"You too." I replied quickly, freeing my hand and running towards the train.

W.I.C.K.E.D's soldiers got off the train right after the explosion and tried to run us down, by shooting at us. Thomas reached the stopped wagon and started hitting the metal walls with his palms. "MINHO!" He screamed and soon enough, heart clenching screams filled our ears. I swear if they had been shouting for more than four minutes, my ears' tissues would bleed, until I could become deaf, "MINHO! MINHO!" Suddenly a familiar shriek draw our attention. Minho was actually into this wagon!

Newt finally placed the gas can on the ground, while putting on his special glasses and his red bandanna. I stood in front of him covering his part. I start shooting every guard who seemed to tend a gun towards us. Vince hopped on the ground, waving at us.

"Newt how are you doing?" Thomas asked, while shooting as many soldiers as he could.

"Don't rush me."

The brunette boy, climbed on the train's roof, while I was still covering Newt and Thomas, at the same time. What do they think am I? A human shield? Or an immortal mercenary? At least I was glad that we found the right wagon and avoiding having the same procedure started over again. A bullet flew across my head and I heavily sighed. Luck was by my side for one time. "HERMIONE, ARE YOU OKAY?!" Newt shouted from behind.

Thomas was tying the wagon with big, heavy chains as fast as he could.

"YES! JUST FINISH YOUR PART!" I shouted back, shooting a soldier who was ready to eradicate another bullet in my skull. "QUICKLY!"

"I'M DONE!" The blonde boy replied in enthusiasm and I lowered my gun. "C'MON LET'S GO!"

Suddenly a guard fired a shot at me. I froze in my place, closing slowly my eyelids, waiting to fall apart, like a fragile tower of cards. Someone wrapped my hand and literally saved my life. Everything moved in fast motion and I ended up, held into his arms. "Thank you, Vince."

He lead me to the ledder which was hanging from the train and quickly reached the ceiling, as everyone did. The brunette crossed a final hasp on the wagon, waving up at the Berg, while landing off. I got my toes constant on the metal and Newt hugged me unexpectedly. I returned the embrace and he whispered near my ear, "You scared me... We could have lost you, Mione." Then Thomas followed and Vince, who hugged me individually. We made it.

"GIVE TO DIRECTOR JANSON MY GREETINGS!" I screamed smirking at W.I.C.K.E.D's army, when we almost touched the pure sky.

- ❁ -

AN;

Sorry I'm terrible at writing
action :,)

- Sophia