Potato chips

Shikamaru let out an uncomfortable laugh which he wished would have sounded more natural. He was trying to look as cool as possible in front of the three kids but they were all so uninterested, he wondered why he wanted to do it in the first place.

- Don't push yourself. Said Kankuro. They aren't talkative on a daily basis.

- Ah ah, it's okay... We are really glad to have you here for a while!

            Shinki nodded, and thanked Shikamaru for his hospitality. He wanted to ask permission to leave the table since they finished having dinner, but he saw Yodo trying to help aunt Temari cleaning the dishes. He proposed to help as well and toused multiple iron arms that performed all the cleaning all at once, leaving everyone shocked. Everyone except Kankuro, Araya, and Yodo.

- Father told you not to use your Iron sand this way... Said Yodo.

She was expecting something like that to happen soon or later.

- I just wanted to be efficient. I apologize if that surprised you, aunt Temari.

- It's okay, Shinki. Thank you for helping.

Temari was a bit surprised, but since it was an innocent way of helping, she smiled at him. Shikamaru and Shikadai pulled a face... What was that ?!

                This was going to be such a drag

                This was going to be uncomfortable. Shikadai tried not to meet any of their looks and kept eating his bowl of rice. He couldn't believe how weird each one of them was, Araya didn't even take off his mask to eat, Yodo didn't bother taking off her earphones either, and Shinki... This definitely was going to be awkward.

                He was going to share his room with Shinki. That guy looked so threatening, harsh, and arrogant. It was a drag but Shikadai had promised his mom to be nice with his cousins.

                The next morning, Shikadai was ready to meet his teammates Chocho and Inojin, they were going to hang around in town. He woke up earlier than usual, hoping that maybe he could escape discreetly.

- Where are you going like that?

                Too late. Temari was already in front of him. He smiled nervously to his mother.

- Well, I'm...

- I don't want to know. You're bringing your cousins with you.

- Noooo...

                He whispered that because he didn't want anyone to hear him. His cousins were probably still sleeping, and his father already left for work.

- It's going to be a drag... I don't want...

- What did we talk about last time?