Like a contract

Inojin adjusted his Konoha headband and checked one last time his ninja materials. The Yamanakas had finished having breakfast a few minutes ago, but they stayed a little bit more in the kitchen.

- So... 

Ino had a silly grin on her face

- The flowers, who was it for?

The burning question. She wanted to ask this since yesterday. Gaara's son left their store with such a pretty bouquet. Inojin knew he couldn't escape the questioning that easily. Sai also paid attention, less obvious than his wife but he also was curious.

- It's Shikadai. 

- Shikadai?

- That's surprising. Commented Sai.

- He said he wanted something good for an apology, and he wanted to know my two cents since it was for my teammate.

Ino just stared at her husband, exchanging their thoughts in silence.

- Are you sure it's really for Shikadai?

Inojin sensed the doubt in his father's voice.

- Of course! 

- Shikadai is not your only teammate

- Fatty ?? Come on Dad.

Inojin laughed a moment. Shikadai told him that he was in bad terms lately with his cousins, it was evident that Shinki wanted to apologize to Shikadai. Who else?

He greeted his parents one last time before going out.

- Lucky Chocho... said Ino, figuring out the whole affair. I wonder if Karui knows eh eh.

Sai was sure Karui wouldn't have to wait too long. Knowing his wife, she would let the chitchat happen as soon as possible. Sai remembered Mitsuki's behavior around Chocho as well, but he wasn't going to share that one story with her now, enough gossip for today. He smiled while hugging her and kissed her forehead.

- Ms. Akimichi seems to be popular with boys, just like you were. Hopefully, you are all mine now.

Ino blushed harder and ordered him to quit messing around.

                                                                                                 ***

As planned, Inojin joined Shikadai in front of his house, he saw Boruto waiting alone. 

- Shikadai is still not here?

- Hey Inojin! He's coming.

When the Nara arrived, he apologized for being late, then threw a lazy "What's up". He stretched his arms and yawned. 

- Man. My mom is pressuring me every single day. She threatened to burn my game console, she wants me to speak to my cousins again.

- Well, just do it, it can't be that difficult.