Dodgeball

I should have never told him

Shinki was regretting everything about his late-night confession to his uncle. Right before they left the house, Kankuro gave him a thumbs up and wished him good luck in front of everyone with a mischievous look.

So embarrassing.

He had to ignore him, and the curious look of his siblings as well. It made him even more irritable than usual. Shikadai said that they were going to the park "chilling" with his teammates today as well. So she was going to be there again...

He had to clarified his thoughts before they arrive there. He closed his eyes and crossed his arms while walking. He took Yodo apart for a moment.

He threatened her with his eyes

- Did you hear what I told uncle Kankuro yesterday?

- No, I...

His gaze became more piercing. He was becoming scary, Yodo stopped talking. The subject seems too sensible and Shinki too smart for her to even try denying. She finally nodded up and down. He knew it, Shikadai and Araya tried to spy on him, so why not Yodo. Unlike them, she was more refined. He frowned even more but kept calm.

- Don't get involved, Yodo.

- I won't... but I want to help you, Shinki.

- If you really want to help me, don't get involved.

He repeated the same words again for her to get it already. She sighed and agreed. He knew she had good intention, he was aware of his recent behaviour, and even him didn't understand it. They were just worrying for him, he knew that but he wanted to keep that issue for himself until he could resolve it.

- I won't dishonour father. I'll do anything to be the greatest Shinobi for him to be proud of.

He knew who he was. All the things he's been through. All his training. He always had control of his emotions in any circumstance, this was even his way of playing his opponent who couldn't do the same when he provoked them during a fight. He was seen as the great hope of Suna.

He wasn't just anyone.

His name was Shinki!

It was not the arrival of girl, weaker than him that would change anything about that !

- Good morning guys!  

A broad scintillating grin, smooth and silky orange hair and a cheerful feminine voice. Chocho akimichi arrived in front of him like a flying butterfly. A beautiful one freely flapping her wings.

 A beautiful one freely flapping her wings