Chapter 14

Some time later, I woke up. I looked around the room to find myself alone. A sharp shooting pain in my head caused me to investigate with my hand. I ran my hand though my hair, which was covered in something I knew not what, and my fingers found the injury. A gouge in my scalp from what ever that bastard had hit me with. When I pulled my hand back, I nearly threw up. My hand was coated in a deep red. Blood and lots of it. So much so, there was even some under my nails. I took a glance over my body, touching the purple and black bruises all over my skin gently. The buttons on my shirt had been ripped off and my trousers weren't buttoned. He didn't... A painful throbbing between my legs confirmed my fears. I couldn't hold my tears back, they began falling freely. This time I didn't hold mute my sobs. I cried like I haven't in so long, I cried like a seven year old girl. Why was I here? Why had no one come looking for me? Maybe they didn't care. Lily... She would notice my absence. Surely? I had to get to a phone because even if I managed to get out of these bonds, I could hardly out run out Kyle with in this state. I had to get out and I would try until my last breath. If I stayed here it would probably end in a tragic turn of events for me. If Kyle didn't kill me with his cruel acts then I would probably be taken through infection.

Once I had no more tears to cry, I set to work on breaking my ties. I worked frantically and I kept stealing glances at the door to watch out for Kyle. I had loosened the knot a lot last night, or way it last night? It was hard to tell how long I was out, but no matter I just kept working. Within a few minutes I had it and I was about to attempt to stand when I heard movement outside the bedroom door. Without hesitation I tied it back around my ankles, wincing as I did so, but this time I kept it loose so I could be it off again. I threw myself back against the pillows, and cupped my face to make it look like I was crying again. I heard the door open but I didn't move, I didn't dare to look at him. He crossed the floor slowly and took a seat on the edge of the bed next to me. He placed a sympathetic hand on my hand next to the gaping wound.

“Don't touch me!” I hissed at him. He sighed and rose to his feet.

“I'm going to go out. I'll go to the chemist and I'll get some things to clean you up. That will go infected.”

“Then take me to a hospital! A home first aid kit won't make this go away. I need medical attention and you know that as well as I do.”

“I can't take you a hospital because they will take you away from me. I can't have that. I'm sorry.” He told me, sounding sincere.

“No you're not,” I snapped. He sighed and turned a to leave. When he reached the door he turned back.

“I love you.”

“Yeah, right,” I scoffed. Then he left.

This was it, I had my chance. Once he left, I would find a phone, I would tell someone where I was. I had a vague idea where I was so that was something at least. As I waited for Kyle to leave the apartment, I crawled to the bottom of the bed and using my good foot, I kicked at the wooden decorative poles on the bed. Breaking off two, I positioned them at either side of my ankle and tied some torn rag from my shirt around the two poles. This would make walking slightly easier. Now, I just had to sit it out until Kyle left. It wasn't long before he shouted from the front door.

“I'll see you later, Chloe!”

“Yeah, okay!” I replied half heartedly. I waited a few minutes to be sure he was well on his way. Then I made my move.