2 - Old Man, New Terrors

- Artwork by quaarky on Tumblr

All Might, otherwise known as Toshinori Yagi, quietly paced down the long stretched sidewalk. The cool night air blew against his scruffy hair and hollow face. He, in all honesty, was exhausted from his long day, but concern filled his thoughts. Usually, Young Midoriya would answer his text messages right away or at least have a 10-minute gap at most, but today he hadn't been answering any texts or calls, which in itself was suspicious enough. Toshinori couldn't help but feel worried for his young successor and thought it'd be best to check on him in his home. Even if Young Midoriya wasn't present, Inko Midoriya could provide some information on the situation.

--

I paced down the street, mostly paying attention to the glowing of my phone screen, waiting for something. Honestly, I was hoping for at least some form of reply from Young Midoriya, but every minute I could feel my disappointment and concern shoot at me even harder than before. Something was just off, I could feel it. I decided to give Young Midoriya one more call, hoping maybe this time for a reply. As I placed the phone to my ear, I began to hear a familiar ringtone nearby. The sound got louder as I approached, immediately cutting off as the phone once again returned me to the same old voicemail, with the same cheerful voice.

"Hi! You've reached the voicemail box of me, Midoriya Izuku! I'm probably busy with school work, so I'll call you back when I'm free, have a good day!"

I ended the call before having to leave a voicemail and decided to call again, hearing the same cheerful tune a second time. I continued this process before coming upon a backpack, more importantly, a yellow backpack. The backpack of young Midoriya, next to a cracked ringing phone lying helpless on the ground, the home screen lit up with the message "Incoming Call: All Might".