Growing Suspicions

- Artwork by BNHA Anime

For Izuku, the next few days seemed to drag on endlessly. At every moment he could feel his heart aggressively pounding in his chest, as his foot aggressively tapped against the floor. A seemingly never-ending anxiety seemed to eat him whole and made it difficult for him to breathe. He could feel his face burning, yet he felt as cold as ice.

 Izuku clasped his hands tightly under his wooden desk, twiddling with his fingers in attempts to calm down. The words escaping Aizawas mouth not even seeming to reach his ears, fading into nothing but a quiet inhabitable mumble. The entire class had a vague idea of what had happened to Izuku, but no one had the heart to question him on the matter. He constantly looked terrified, even the smallest pencil drop making him jump out of his chair in panic. No one wanted to ignite that terror in him again, so for now, they kept their mouths shut. The only information they were given was from Aizawa, who briefly explained that Izuku had been attacked on the way home after classes after Ochaco questioned his absence. Due to his head injuries, Izuku had remained out of class for an extra day to properly heal, but upon his return, his fearful state was quickly noted by everyone. A few of them offered to walk him home, some being Iida, Ochaco, and even Todoroki, but Izuku always declined. Before any of them could protest his answer, he'd quickly walk out, go around the hall and out of their sights. 

Izuku sat tensely in his desk, thoughts racing through his mind quicker then he could process them. What if the villains didn't like the information he had today? What if they decided he was useless and killed all might anyway? What if- 

"MIDORYIA!" His teacher yelled, immediately cutting off his thought process. 

In a panic, Izukus papers were knocked to the floor as he jumped out of his desk. Pages of information about his classmates scattered around the room. He quickly fell to his knees and began scooping them up in a frenzy. One of the papers slid to Momo's feet. She delicately picked it up, careful not to damage it. Her eyes scanned over the page, taking in its contents. The handwriting was very difficult to read, almost appearing it had been written by a small child. A thin layer of dust was spattered on the paper, along with ink blotches from a seemingly broken pen. She could only make out some of it, but despite its incredibility, it struck her with concern. "do NOT mess up.

MeEt at Allay

 PaGe two 2 day

 --6 pM" 

Momo looked up from the note, glancing at Midoryia who was still scooping up papers from the floor. Careful to avoid being noticed, she silently slipped it into her desk, but pulled out a book as well to avoid questioning of her actions. 

After a few moments, Izuku hopped up from the floor, the pages messily put together in his arms as he tightly gripped them. 

"Y-yes Sensei?!" He shakily called out. 

"For the fifth time, All Might has requested you in his office. Please get yourself together and head over there." 

Izuku bowed a polite apology and shoved his papers in his bag. Zipping it closed, he silently left the room, no words being said. Momo stared at him as he left, thoughts of suspicion lingering in her mind. 

~Authors note~

Thanks so much for over 1000 reads! It really made my day! Also i'd like to apologize for this shorter chapter, I've still been super busy with school and work, and finals doesn't help. No worries though my readers! The next chapter is already in development!

be ready for some hardcore feels soon, you'll need some tissues. ;)