CHAPTER 9

For the past 4 weeks she's been busy practicing volleyball for the upcoming UAAP. I can't accompany her to their practice since I'm also busy with school stuff. We see each other in class but can't really talk since we have to focus on our lessons but still we maintain our date during saturdays. On our 6th date we played go karts which was so fun, we had a race and guess what.. I won. Our 7th date we went Horseback riding in Baguio and we also ate Ice cream at night which caused us a brain freeze and couldn't sleep because it's freakin cold. On our 8th date we played Jenga and flew a Kite. And on our 9th date we played Laser tag with the Lady Eagles.

FRIDAY (67th Day)

[I've been watching you
For some time
Can't stop staring
At those ocean eyes
Burning cities
And napalm skies
Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes
Your ocean eyes

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes]

I was singing Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish while video chatting with my girl, Deanna.

"Your voice is really my favorite sound. I miss you." she said I can sense that she's sad.

"I miss you, too. Don't be sad. I'm gonna sing another song nalang for you to cheer up."

[ Let Go by Andrew Allen
Sun rising, and I've been, awake all night I've been thinking of you
How you've been, are you sleeping
Girl take your time I'll be waiting for
You and everything that you are to me
Will you forever be the best part of me

Look at me, let go, we've both been
Falling, falling, falling, too slow
You and I, we know, this moment's been
Calling, calling, calling
There you stand
Like an angel,
Here I am and I'm praying for you
You squeeze my hand
I know you're nervous
But I will be waiting, ready for you, to let
go]

After I finished the song I've realised that she fell asleep. She must be tired. I looked at her and whispered..

"Good night, babe. I'll see you tomorrow."

——
SATURDAY (68th Day and 10th date)

*insert bboom bboom ringtone*

8:30 AM

"Hello?"

"Jema, punta ka dito sa condo. Si Deanna ang taas ng lagnat."

"Ha? Anong nangyari? Wait lang."

I quickly got up brushed my teeth, bought food & medicine and made my way to Deanna's condo.

"Thank God you're here na. I have to go may practice pa kasi kami. Sabihin ko nalang kay Coach na di makakapunta si Deanna. Ikaw na bahala ha." then Bea left without waiting for my reply.

I touched Deanna's forehead and damn she's literally hot. I quickly look for a cloth and a bowl of cold water, I dipped the cloth, squeezed and placed it on her forehead. I repeated it every 15 mins. I went to the kitchen to prepare food.

"Babe, wake up. Eat ka muna."

She slowly opened her eyes.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito babe?"

"Tinawagan ako ni Bea. Bat di ka nagsabi na masama pakiramdam mo kagabi pa?"

"I'm fine naman e."

"Fine ka dyan. Upo ka muna saglit."

She followed my request and I feed her. After eating she took her medicine and rest.

7:30 PM

I found myself laying beside Deanna and dude guess what see is staring at me.

"Hi babe." she smiled

"Kanina ka pa ba gising? Okay na ba pakiramdam mo?"

"Opo, thanks to my nurse." she hugged me. "Babe, di ka naligo noh?" she laughed

"Nagmadali kasi ako, grabe ka. Makaalis na nga." I was about to get up when see pulled me.

"Joke lang, babe. Masyado kang defensive." she laughed again.

"Nasobrahan ka ata ng gamot, babe." I mocked her and laughed.

We stayed in bed for hours teasing each other. I decided to sleep in her condo to keep an eye on her.