My Heart says No.

Saile POV

I was treading through the snow. Without boots. This is like living hell.

And Elsa seemed to enjoy it. How does the cold not bother her?

As we climbed the mountain, I couldn't help but think.

Were we born to fight and die?

Sacrificed for one huge lie?

Are we heroes keeping peace?

Or are we weapons, pointed at the enemy so someone else can claim a victory?

( All italics are lyrics from RWBY )

Who's the real villain in this story? Is it really who we think? Or is it...me?

The story of my life isn't gonna have a happily ever after. I know that for sure. My old mentor and his girlfriend are assumed as the villains, but are they really? Is there really a border between black and white, or is that border just in your imagination? Is there really even black and white, or, instead, different shades of grey?

My mind tells me run, to leave this situation in Elsa's hands, but...

My heart says no.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Elsa POV

I turn and look at Saile. She's staring off in the distance, her eyes glazed over. Is she really that cold? We were halfway up the mountain. Maybe her brain froze over?

"Saiiillee...oh SAAAILLLEE!" I said, waiving my hand in her face.

"There are millions of shades of grey. Some very light, and some dark. But there isn't really truly a black or a white. Just grey. Everyone has their faults. No one can ever be as pure as white, or as dark as black. There isn't a right or a wrong in this world. There isn't any pure hatred."

Whoa. Did she really just say that? She sounded...mature. 10x older than her actual...age.

Age.

"Saile, how old are you?"

"...I don't know. I stopped keeping track after my 121th birthday. I have to change families every 5 years or so, so they don't notice that I'm not aging. Why am I not aging? I want to die, like everyone else. I'm frozen in time, Elsa. I can't have my eternal rest until I rid the dark forest of all hatred. Of all the desire for revenge."

That I did not see coming.

"I understand." I said at last.

And I did.

Is Anna one of us, too?

No.

She'd never dwell on revenge. That's not her way of living. I remember before, when I used to stand up for her when she was bullied, before she learned how to defend herself. Every time I punch one down, she helps them back up.

Was our mother one? Our father?

Those questions should remain unanswered. For now.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jack POV

"Take this, frost boy!" One of them said, shoving me. I fell over. I wasn't hurt, but this can't go on any longer. They're too strong. Even if it is that one quarter against three. The entire school broke down in a fight.

There were two humans fighting one of them, but they both got knocked out.

They were winning. And it was all the principal's fault.

If Elsa were here, she could fix this.

Wait. Where is Elsa?! She can't be gone, can she? I looked into the mess of battle. She was nowhere to be seen.

Then I remembered. Elsa and Saile both ran away, didn't they?

I've got to go after them.

As I charged for the door, Jake did as well and we were both stuck.

At the door.

Looking like absolute idiots.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

JOTD: You stink so bad that you made One Direction go in another direction!

:P
~This_is_me_33