Family.

Elsa POV

"Aunt? My mother never mentioned a sister! She said that she was an only child."

"So she kept her promise. My faithful old friend kept her promise till the end. I always knew she would. She promised me that she would never mention me to anyone on my request. I didn't want to be remembered. I wanted to be left to fade away into the darkness, to be forgotten forever. But the moon took pity on me, and rejuvenated me into high school for a short time. That's why I could only cry moonlight. And then..."

She paused, wiping away a drop of black, steaming oil that was trickling down her face.

"And then I left this world, thinking that I still had hope. That I still had peace. And that's when it cursed me. The moon cursed me, filling my head with my worst memories and chemical X. I was forced to be miserable, to cry nothing but black tears. I still hate the moon to this day. It betrayed me. I will never look up to the moon again. I will never pray."

I listened, shocked, jaw scraping the ground. Then I let out a sigh and composed myself. I've got to do this for her sake. For my mother. I copied her quiet voice and authority.

"My mother had always had a sad glint in her eyes when she saw me playing with Anna. At first I thought it was because she didn't encourage our rough snowball fights, but now I realize it's something more. She missed her sister. She had missed playing with her, having fun. My mother had always had a sad look in her eyes, even that day she told me that i'd be fine. No matter what, she would always have that sad look in her eyes. That never changed, no matter how much she pretended to smile."

Asle was crying now, black tears trickling. She let out a sniffle.

"I loved my sister. She was the person that was closest to me. I had hoped to always watch over her till she grew old and left, but..." She trailed off, then regained her confidence.

"I'm not the same person I was back then. I was one of them, one of those degenerates. Your mother wasn't, although she found out, and, without my asking, kept my secret until the very end. And now...I wish to carry on my duty. I want to keep what I have left. Even if it means destroying you."

"But I am part of what you have left. I'm your niece."

"Not anymore." She grabbed a knife.

And she took a step towards me.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jack POV

"Hurry up!" I hissed to Jake. He stared at me in astonishment. I immediately felt bad.

"Sorry about snapping at you. I guess I'm just really worried." Jake nodded.

"Me too."

"Hey-look at that! Do you think Elsa and Saile are in there?" I asked him, pointing at a...black fairytale castle on the top of the north mountain.

As we charged inside, the first thing I saw was Asle, an older Asle, advancing on Elsa with a knife. My first instinct was to charge in there, dive, and shove Elsa out of the way.

As we both made it to safety, Elsa immediately turned and unsheathed her rapier, holding it out in front of her in a defensive, not offensive position.

"Asle! What are you doing? You're supposed to be wrecking their faces!"
Pitch yelled from the top of the stairwell.

"Shut up! Why don't you do it yourself if you're so great?! Pitch, what happened? There was once a time when you would have given anything for peace." She screamed at him.

"This isn't the man that had once been willing to sacrifice himself for the sake of peace. This isn't the man I had once trusted with my life." She trembled.

"This isn't the man I had once fallen in love with."