Part XV

If there is Life there is Death. In every Beginning, there is an Ending. In every Hello there is a Goodbye. Do you know what they all have in common? We are always not ready for it. We are never ready because we don't know when it is going to happen and we will never be ready because it is the hardest thing to accept.

Tom was finally alive and find the meaning of life. Finally, he understands why living is such a wonderful thing. He learned to love and care for someone. You gave him the answers that he been asking himself. He was happy.

"[Y/N], darling" he called.

Going to your room, he saw your sleeping figure in the bed and his lips form into a smile.

"Love, wake up." He softly whispers to your ear but you didn't respond "[Y/N]?" Cupping your face "darling, please, this is not a good joke." Your eyes remain closed. Tom started to get nervous. He checked your pulse, none. He places his ears on your chest, no heartbeat "No, [Y/N]. No!" Tom cupped your lifeless body, tears streaming down his cheeks. He can't explain the pain. It hurt so much that breathing became so hard. He never felt this strong emotion - grieve.

Death appeared in front of him "Tom."

"Why?" Tom wept "Bring her back to me. Please, I need her." Death didn't answer "Bring her back!" He shouted.

"I can't. Tom, you know from the beginning that she is one of the souls you need to bring to me." Death answered.

"I'll take any soul just bring her back. Take my immortality if you must." He was broken, so broken that it will be hard to put the pieces back together.

"You work for me, Tom. I need you to bring me the souls in your list." Death firmly answered.

"Is this my punishment? Is this what I have to pay for all the lives I took when I'm still mortal?" Tom asked.

"You've lived a life where nothing matters. You don't know how to appreciate life, not even your own. Now, you've learned to care for someone." Death responds "In some point of life you will encounter things that will change you completely. Maybe, [Y/N] is what faith used to give you that lesson."

"Then why did you take her?" Tom is still confused and hurt "Why did you take the woman I love?"

"Tom, this is the cycle of life. Mortals will die. You know that. Death is not the end. People see it as something evil but have you ever thought that Life can be evil too. You'll live, experience luxury, pleasure and even love but as your time runs out whether you are ready or not; with a blink of an eye, the life given to you can be taken away. Giving up your immortality will not be the answer."

Tom, caressed your cheek and you look so peaceful and beautiful. Tears continued to fall and his heart was still breaking. Planting a soft kiss on your lips "Living forever will be nothing without her."

|End of Part XV|