Why?

Song of the Chapter
Dirty Laundry - Kelly Rowland

Warning: the chapter that you're about to read contains domestic abuse. Viewer discretion is advised.

Please excuse any mistakes.
____________________________

"Diego, this is the last time. I've given you too many chances. I'm gone." I go into our room and began packing my bags. Soon, Diego comes in the room as well, starting to yell.

"You can't leave me, you need me!" He says as he throws the clothes that I put in my first bag back into the closet. "You are nothing without me."

"Nigga, fuck you! I'm doing just find as a nurse at the hospital. You're the one asking ME for money, not the other way around. I've been paying the bills here lately. NOT YOU. So I suggest you get your facts straight." I say as I go into the bathroom to get the shit I paid for. "And stop throwing my shit out my bag!"

"I'm sorry I cheated, baby..." He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist as I was grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste. I returns his 'kind gesture' by hitting him in the stomach with my elbow. "Nigga, this is the third time I caught you!"

I go in the room and put my stuff in a bag. "And I had the audacity to give you a chance after the first time. I actually believed your shitty ass lies."
I went to the closet and grabbed the things that were thrown back in there. As I carried the clothes, he came up and knocked it out of my arms. He grabbed my chin roughly and forced my to look at him.

"You're not leaving me, my Gem." He says in an angry tone. I scoffed and slapped his hand away from me. "You should've thought about that before cheating on me." I walked into the bathroom to go get my soaps and salts.

As I was grabbing everything I needed from the bathroom, I was pushed into the tub, causing me to hit my head on its surface. Holding my head, I looked up and saw Diego standing there, his bloodshot eyes looking down at me.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" I stood up, only for him to push me back down.

"Well... you know how when we said our vows and all that in our wedding, we said 'til death due us apart.', right?" He questioned as I nodded. "Well that's the only way you're leaving me."

I burst into laughter as I grabbed the soaps and salts and got up again, this time pushing him out of the way. I made my way to my bag until something collided with my head, causing my to fall onto the hardwood floors. I winced in pain as my now watery eyes came into contact with his fiery ones. He kicked me in my stomach.

"You thought I was kidding, bitch?" He kicked me in my stomach again with a bit more force. As I balled up and cried, he continued kicking me, and soon he started adding punches. He continued yelling at me. "You wanna fucking die? Huh? Is that what you want?" I knew these were going to leave a mark, but that's where the power of make up comes in.

"Stop it, STOP!" I screamed as he kept putting his hands on me. "This is why Imani isn't here with us now!" The feeling of fists and shoes were now gone as I look up. I see that there was no expression in his face. I get up and pick up more of my things. My attempt to go to my bags again was quickly put to an end when I was pushed against the wall. His rough hand made its way around my neck and squeezed it tightly.

"Listen here, thot! YOU took our daughter away from this house. And you won't tell me where the hell she is!" He squeezed my neck tighter, causing me to start losing my breath. "Do you wanna die tonight?" I let out a breathless 'no.' as he smirked and put me down.

"Okay then. This is what I want you to do. I want you to put all this shit back where it was before." He pointed at all the mess that went from the bedroom to our bathroom. "Then, I want you to go get Imani. I haven't seen her in three months." He kneeled down in front of me and flashed a smile of evil as he kissed me.

"I love you so much, my Gem." He whispered to me before getting up and walking out of the room.

'F-Fuck y-you..' I spoke out as I went into the bathroom to see the damage he had done. He didn't get much of my face, thank God. My nose was bleeding though. My neck and torso on the other hand... was turning purple already. I went to my bag and got my makeup out of it. Taking out my foundation and my brush, I went back to the bathroom and began applying it to my neck and hands.

After I got done with that, I put the clothes back into the bag, just incase something happened again. I put the hygienic things back where they were, however. I grabbed my purse and keys and went downstairs. "I'm getting Imani."

I got out of the house and practically ran to the car. Hopping into my 2008 Mazda6, I rushed over to my brother's house. On the way there, Dirty Laundry by Kelly Rowland came on the radio.

So here I am in the spin cycle we're coming and we're going
Nobody can notice
And I was trapped in his house, lying to my mama
Thought it could get no worse as we maximize the drama
Started to call them people on him
I was battered
He hittin the window like it was me, until it shattered
He pulled me out, he said, "Don't nobody love you but me
Not your mama, not your daddy and especially not Bey"
He turned me against my sister
I missed you...

I parked into my brother's driveway, bursting into tears. What made Diego like this? He used to be so sweet and caring. He believed that and guy that puts his hands on a woman was definitely not a man. But look what's happening now...

I suddenly got a text. It was from Diego, of course.

I cleaned myself up and shut my phone off

I cleaned myself up and shut my phone off. Huffing as I got out of the car, I went to the doorstep and knocked on the door. Instead of seeing my scrawny brother at the door, I saw his wife. "Hey Aphrodite." She smiled at me as she opened the door a bit wider for me to come in.

"Hey Jackie." I stepped inside of their lovely home. I was glad that I took Imani here instead of to Momma's house. That would've been the first place he looked.

"She's in our room, watching the tv. She's quite the fighter when it comes to putting her to sleep." Jackie chuckled as she led me to their bedroom. When I entered the bedroom, I saw Imani laying on the bed, her eyes being glued to the T.V. She was smiling slightly, showing off the one tooth that grew in her mouth. I walked up to her slowly and crouched to her level. "Hi momma's baby. You ready to go home?" I said to her as I picked her up. She smiled and giggled.

"Oh, you're here to come get her?" Jackie tried to look as if she was happy for me, but I knew she was going to miss Imani.

"Yeah, everything's finally back to normal at home. Thank you so much for taking care of her." I smile as I embraced her. "We'll come visit anytime you want us too. Isn't that right, Imani?"

Imani smiles and claps as she crawls on the bed and laid on Jackie. She starts babbling as if she's saying 'Its gonna be alright.' We giggled as Imani kept babbling. I put her in the carseat that was in the corner of the room and strapped her in. "You ready to go see Daddy?" I asked. Her smile turned into a frown, which caused me to laugh.

I said my goodbyes to Jackie and then securely put Imani in her seat. After doing so, I drove back home, hoping that Diego had calmed down.

___________________

So... over 1000 words. Whatchu think about it?

-UrbanRoseWater.