35

-jack g-

So we've been planning a gender reveal party for the past two hours and I need a nap.

"5 months down, 4 more to go and my bump is getting bigger." ava laughed.

I put my hand on her stomach and laughed.

"So it'll be a regular party with boy and girl decorations?" I summed up.

"Yeah and there will also be food and stuff also, we're gonna have party poppers but instead of confetti in it there's gonna be spray paint." Cameron explained.

"And when you guys cut into the cake the color will reveal if it's a boy or girl. Also we should be expecting about 120 people including family." Sammy added.

"That's cool but here's the thing. My family doesn't know I have a girlfriend and a kid on the way." I said.

"Are you fucking serious?! Jack, we've been together for almost a year and your parents don't know we're together? Not to mention, I'm 5 months pregnant and it's your baby?" she asked angry.

"Ba-" I started.

She got up and held her stomach before waddling to the room,

"Are you actually serious?" Sam looked up at me.

"Of course not." I laughed.

"They know we're together but they've just been dying to meet her. But the thing is they always interrogate my girlfriends." I added.

"And the baby?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah, I told them the day after I found out." I answered.

"Better tell your girlfriend that.." Sammy said.

As I ran up the steps the doorbell rang,

"Cameron can you get it?!" I yelled.

"Sure!" she answered running to the door.

I opened the bedroom door lightly and I saw her crying on the bed.

Then I realized she was on the phone,

-ava-

"Momma, I'm scared." I cried

"What's wrong? Stop crying." she said

"I d-don't think J-jack wants the b-baby." i sobbed.

"Why would you think that?" she asked.

"He's a young guy who has amazing looks and so much talent and potential and I think that the baby is holding him back." I sniffled.

"There has to be more to it." my mom said.

"Well him, Cameron, Sammy and I were planning the gender reveal party and apparently his family doesn't know that we've been together for nearly a year and that we have a baby on the way." I explained.

"Sit down and talk to him. I'm sure that's not true. They have to know." My mom explained.

"Thank you mom, love you and see you in a few weeks." I sniffled.

We said our goodbyes and hung up.

As I was about to leave the room,

I saw Jack out in the hallway crying,

"Why would you think that?" he sniffled.

"Ja-" I started.

"Why would I go a year without telling my parents, even when I just visited them a few months back, that we weren't together?" He sobbed.

"Then why did you say that when we were downstairs?" i asked.

"I was being sarcastic and why would you and the baby be holding me back? I may not look or think i'm ready to be a father but I want this more than anything and it really hurts that you'd think that." he sniffled.

"You make it seem like you don't. Partying out in the hills every night, going out with the boys, getting drunk." I listed.

"So what do you want from me?" he asked.

"I want you to be more committed and supportive." i answered.

"This is what I was doing in the beginning and you told me to stop. I cared about you and the baby's health and you told me you wanted to do your own thing so I let you." he explained.

"But Jack th-" I started.

"You would even tell me go out with the boys and I'd insist on staying here to take care of of you. And as far as support, I've been here every step of the way, gone to all of your appointments and even drove you to the E.R when you were throwing up excessively. So let that sink in. So quit being an unappreciative little bitch." he said walking away.

I went back inside the room and grabbed my phone, keys and wallet.

I walked down the steps and put my slides on,

"Hey where you going?" Sam asked.

"Out." I said.

......

I pulled into Nate's driveway with the bag of takeout I picked up.

I rang his doorbell and tapped my foot impatiently,

"Hey. Where's Jack?" he asked.

"I needed to get away from him." I answered.

"Well come on in." he smiled.