42

-ava-

I woke up to an empty bed and a note from jack:

good morning princess, we're having a big breakfast by the pool at 10. don't be late:)

love, big daddy jack;)

oh and by the way, i invited both of our families plus the gang to come:)

I set the note down and went into the bathroom.

......

I looked through my closet for something to wear, nothing really fit me at this point.

I decided on a pair of leggings with one jack's tee shirts tucked in and the sleeves cuffed.

I curled my hair a bit and put on mascara and baby lips.

"Baby?" Jack called.

"Yeah?" I yelled out.

He came into the room and hugged me from behind,

"Mmm good morning babe." he mumbled as I looked for my flip flops.

"Good morning to you too." i smiled.

I kissed his cheek and slipped on my shoes before grabbing my phone.

"Is everyone here yet?" I asked.

"Nope we have a good 30 minutes and I still need help with the fruit bowl." he said.

"I can help you with that." I said.

"Perfect. Other than that we're good to go. Sam and Cameron are bring sausage and bacon, Nate and Kenny are brining pancakes and waffles and we're providing drinks, toast and etc." he smiled kissing my nose.

I kissed him back as we made our way to the kitchen.

......

"Hey!" I smiled at Kenny.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" Kenny asked.

"Still pooped from yesterday but I'm doing fine." I laughed.

He hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek as he passed through with a dish.

I took my vitamins before heading out to the pool to meet everyone else.

I took a seat next to Jack as he handed me a plate,

"Thank you, love." I smiled.

"No problem." he said wrapping his arm around me.

"So what's the gender of the baby?" my older brother asked.

"I thought you knew." I said to Alex.

"Well I wasn't at the party for that long.." he started.

I was actually starting to get fed up at this point,

Like what was the point on him coming out to LA if he was going to be moping around about his separation anxiety from his girlfriend being gone for a few months?

I haven't seen him for about a good year and half because every time I go home to Nebraska, he's not there.

He's either traveling with his girlfriend or for the holidays he goes home with her or even better he's with his friends.

"Actually you'll find out when the baby is born. Just 3 more months." I said simply.

"What's with the shade? Is there something I missed?" he asked raising his voice.

"I don't know... maybe 95% of my gender reveal party since you spent the actual 5% of the time you were there moping over you girlfriend." I said.