Chapter 1

"This is stupid," Virgil muttered.
    "Oh, lighten up Fall Pout Boy," Roman said. "You're the one who wanted to try and spend more time with us."
     "I meant like watch a movie or something," the anxious side grumbled.
     The two trudged on forward through the forest of the Imagination. The forest was covered with imposing trees and roses that yelled at you if you were to step on them.
     Virgil looked down at his phone.
     10:36
     Normally, he would be hauled up in his room listening to music or drawing; however, Virgil was trying to open up to the sides and spend more time with them. Of course, he never thought it would escalate to fighting one of Roman's many foes.
     Suddenly, Roman stopped in front of him, causing Virgil to walk straight into him.
    "Ow. Why'd you stop?"
    "Maybe if you weren't so focused on not wanting to be here you would've realized that we've arrived," Roman exclaimed.
    In front of them was a dark grey cave covered in moss and scorch marks. There were signs everywhere all reading the same thing: GO AWAY ROMAN.
   "Man, this thing does not like you."
    "She's probably still upset after I bravely defended a village and defeated her!" Roman proclaimed, smiling and making a superhero-y pose.
    "By the way," Virgil said, "you still haven't told me what we are going to fight."
     "Just the Dragon Witch."
     "What?!" Virgil blurted out. He could begin to feel his heart beat speed up. "I thought we were fighting like some small troll or something!"
    "Relax, Hot Topic. I have defeated her every time I've faced her. Now, let us make haste!" the Prince declared, marching into the cave.
    Virgil started to bite his thumb nail, thinking about all of the ways this could go wrong. Reluctantly, he forced his legs to walk into the cave.

The two had finally finished walking down the millions of stairs, reaching the enormous lair. The stone walls have somehow transformed into white marble, perfectly polished. The lair was neatly arranged with shelves that held dozens of spell-books. In the middle of it all laid a bed that could probably fit about 20 or more people. What was most interesting about it all was the ceiling. It was painted black with white dots scattered across it, almost as if it was trying to mimic the night sky.
    "This doesn't really look like an evil lair," Virgil said to himself.
    "Show yourself you foul beast!" Roman roared, lifting his sword.
"Why are you here?" a reptilian voice asked. The voice seemed to come from everywhere.
    "To slay you once again!"
     Suddenly, the wall in front of them shifted. A creature's shape appeared as it changed into a moss-like color. Two yellow eyes emerged as well until the whole beast was visible. The Dragon Witch.
"Fine. Let us battle." The Dragon Witch said, her voice sounding almost empty.
   Roman roared, charging at the beast. The Creature shot fire out of her mouth towards the Prince, but the side easily dodged it. He rocketed into the air, sword ready to strike when all of a sudden, the beast's tail whacked Roman aside, straight into the wall.
    "Roman!" Virgil yelled.
    "Do not fright, Party Poison." Roman reassured him. "I have this under con-AGGH!"
    Abruptly the tail came down on the creative side again and again and again. Virgil watched in horror as the Dragon Witch wrapped her tail around the bruised and bloodied prince, lifting him off the ground.
   "What is it, Prince Roman? So concerned with showing off that you've forgotten all of your knight's training?" the creature teased.
   Virgil's mind and heart were racing. What can he do? He doesn't know how to fight. What if Roman dies? Can sides die? What if-?
   A sudden shimmer to his right snapped him out of his thought. Roman's sword. He must've let go of it when he was knocked back. He glanced up and noticed the Dragon's back was towards him. If he was going to do something, he needed to do it now. Virgil picked the sword, and let his fight or flight reflex take over. He charged towards the monster, who was still distracted with Roman.
    Virgil leaped in the air and drove the sword through the reptile's back. She immediately howled in pain and dropped Prince. She whipped her body around, facing the anxious trait.
"YOU?! I thought out of all of the other beings, you'd understand! But I guess I was wrong!" she screamed, anger lacing her words. Her form was starting to turn to dust. "Before I go, I'll leave you with a little parting gift."
    "Virgil, look out!"
    A green energy shot out of the Dragon Witch's hand, hitting the anxious trait. The next thing Virgil knew, he was suddenly in his room.
    And he was dying.