Chapter 2

Roman dropped from midair onto the wooden floor of his room. He struggled to sit up, feeling bruises and cuts all around his body. Shakily, he stood to find himself facing his magic mirror.
   "My word!" Benny-Roman's magic talking mirror-exclaimed. "What happened to you?"
   "Dragon Witch," Roman muttered bitterly, staring at his reflection. God, he looked awful. His sash had been ripped, and tears scattered his clothes. He had a cut on his right cheek bone and a pretty nasty bruise on his forehead.
   "Wait, don't you usually whip her butt?" Benny asked.
   "I don't know what happened. Me and Virgil-" Roman froze. Virgil. He bolted out of his room, racing down the hall. He turned a corner and practically rammed a startled side.
   "Patton!" Roman reached out his hand and helped the fatherly trait off of the ground.
   "Hey, kiddo! I didn't know you and Virgil were back yet," Patton said, smiling widely. He was the one most excited about Roman and Virgil hanging out today. Roman looked at Patton's eyes, his joyful eyes, and took a deep breath.
   "Pat, I think Virgil is in trouble," Roman finally managed to say. Patton's smile immediately fell. His expression was a mixture of confusion and heartbreak. The father figure also seemed to suddenly realize Roman's broken appearance. He abruptly turned and sprinted towards Virgil's door.
"I'm coming my dark, strange son!" he yelled. The two reached the anxious trait's purple door, attempting to open it. Locked. Patton gave the door a few cautious knocks.
"Kiddo? Are you alright?"
No reply.
"It's dad. I just want to see if you're okay."
No reply.
Tears started to roll down the moral trait's face. He looked at Roman, eyes pleading for help.
"Hot Topic, I'm coming in!" Roman declared. He rose his leg, ignoring the pain's protests, and kicked the door open with full force. The two should've run in, but the sight before them stopped them dead in their tracks.
The room was a complete mess. The large mirror and clock that hung on the wall were both shattered. The curtains and posters had been ripped off of the wall and laid scattered on the floor. The bed was in complete disarray. It looked as if someone had torn the room to pieces.
"Where's Virgil?" Patton asked, voice cracking. That question snapped the two out of their daze. They slowly walked inside, avoiding the glass shards dispersed on the carpet.
"What happened here?" a voice asked from the doorway. Roman turned around to see a shocked Logan, his eyes scanning the mess.
"It's a long story," Roman whispered, trying not to alarm the side they were looking for. "I think Virge is in trouble. We have to find him." With that, all three got to work.
After about five minutes of searching, Patton suddenly froze.
"Patton?" Logan queried. "Are you alright?"
Dad looked at Roman and Logan.
The closet, he mouthed.
All three turned their attention towards the black door that stood in the back corner. Slowly, Logan tip-toed over to it and pressed his ear against it. He turned his gaze back towards the other two sides and nodded. Cautiously, he grabbed the door knob and opened it.