Chapter 4

(Trigger warning: Panic attack)
The three sides rushed into the fanciful trait's room, grimly. None of them knew what to say or even think, the only sound being Patton's sniffles. After what felt like an hour had passed, Logan finally spoke up.
"I think it would be wise as to explain to Patton and I as to what exactly occurred between Virgil and you in your little adventure."
Roman's gaze met the floor and stayed there as he told the other two about their battle between the Dragon Witch. His gaze somehow even lowered as he recalled Virgil getting hit with some sort of magic, the image of pure fear on his friend's face burned into his memory.
Neither side spoke after he was done, both too deep in thought.
"So whatever the Dragon Witch cursed Virgil with seems to have sent him into a complete state of panic," Logan concluded.
   "That's it!" Benny suddenly cried. Patton jumped at the sudden outburst straight into Logan's arms.
   "Roman," Logan said, "who just spoke?"
   "You haven't told them about me yet? And after all of the fashion tips and advice I've given you!" As the mirror kept talking, Patton and Logan's gaze slowly turned to the golden rimmed mirror.
   "You have a magic mirror!" Patton exclaimed.
   "Yes, Patton, I do. Now, what do you mean 'that's it.' Do you have an idea?"
   "It's an overload curse!" Benny declared.
   "Benny," Roman said, "you are the best magic mirror a prince could ask for!" Roman rushed towards a shelf filled with fantasy novels and spell-books, searching for the leather bound journal.
   "Roman, what exactly is an overload curse?" Logan asked.
    "Aha!" Roman pulled out the old journal and began flipping through it wildly. I know it's in here somewhere, he thought.
   "An overload curse," he began, still flipping the pages, "is a spell that basically amplifies any emotion one maybe feeling at the time. Witches would use it to turn any small anger one knight might have on another into full blown rage, causing the cursed knight to lash out on anyone he might've been only slightly mad at before.
   "It seems that the Dragon Witch took Virgil's anxiety and magnified it, causing his distressed state. Eureka!" Roman suddenly blurted out. "It says here that the spell can only be...oh, no."
    Roman's confidence practically jumped straight out of him as his eyes met the only way Virgil can be cured.
   "Roman," Patton said, "what's wro-"
   Suddenly, a scream of terror echoed through the Mindscape. The three immediately raced over to the anxious trait's room. They all froze at the doorway though, seeing how Virgil somehow appeared even worse.
   Virgil was still in his closet, his back practically pinned to the wall. His hands were now clutching his head, and a waterfall of tears were descending from his panic filled eyes.
   Logan carefully took a step forward, only for Virgil to let out another scream.
   "Virgil," Logan said slowly, "it's me, Logan." The intellectual trait took another step. The anxious trait pressed his back even further to the wall, his eyes wide with fear.
   "Why is he sc-scared of us?" Patton choked out in between tears. Roman tightly held Patton's hand for reassurance, but to also hold him back from running towards Virgil and hugging him. Roman could tell it was killing the fatherly trait to not go and comfort his son.
   Logan cautiously tried again, lifting up his foot, only for Virgil to finally speak.
  "St-Stop!" Virgil wailed. "Please." The final word was whimpered out, but it felt like it had the power to practically knock out the other three.
  Gradually, Logan back stepped towards Roman and Patton, his eyes not leaving the sight of his distressed friend.
   "Roman," Logan started, his voice unsteady, "how do we fix this?"
   Roman thought back to the dreadful words on the page, his mind not knowing what to do.
   "We cannot," Roman shakily said. "The only one who can undo the curse is the one who cast it. The Dragon Witch is the only one who can cure him."