Author's Note: Questions, Facts, and Thank Yous

March City: Rebellion of the Gifted (also known as January City) was born for NaNoWriMo2017 and completed in February 2018 at 80k words. I'm not sure if there'll be much to this author's note because much of the story's background and lore was covered in the A/N of the last one. Throw your questions at me!

Thank Yous

This story is dedicated to Nadia, without whom this story would not have been born, because she was the one who showed surprising interest in March City 1 — my least popular story out of my collection — and harassed me for more. Also major thanks to Vainel, vidasdepapelytinta, kevohkish, seven_Zelda, angelmlee83, Summizzz, and crazyabtdragons for being there throughout the story.

And extra thanks to my awesome volunteer editors, MarkAshWood and Johnno52 (I still need to catch up on all my errors!)

Inspiration

This story was written during me playing Nier:Automata and The Last of Us — you may see some similarities between the androids' stories and January City's and the fallen civilisation with what Ari and co found outside of March City.

Will there be (another) sequel?

Well, yes. The story isn't done. I want to cover Mina's story and March City's survival alongside the cutthroat January City. I also have an itch to write a prequel for January City prior to their breakout.

Having said all that, though, I'm not sure when it'll happen. I start a new job as a paediatric doctor in July 2018 and my first week has me working 72 hours in total (and my working weeks average 60-80 hours in total), with two of the days me working 30 hours in a row, so... we shall see how my sanity holds up. The third book won't be happening any time soon.

What's next?

Finishing off Chaos Mage, which will be imminent, and then I think I'll wait till I'm more settled in at work before writing again. I have pledged a project for NaNoWriMo and I'm honestly not sure how I'll fare! If it goes well, I'll start uploading it, but otherwise I'm going to take a short break before restarting writing.

Please do join me and a bunch of other great authors at KellyAnneBlount's WATTPAD BLOCK PARTY, where I'll be doing a giveaway of a 2018 Fantasy YA release, open internationally as long as The Book Depository ships to your country!

Thanks again for following me through this story. It's my first attempt at writing a sequel and I'm not sure how good it is — it's certainly been fun, though!

Other full-length novels:

For a coming-of-age wind magic fantasy in a war-afflicted world, check out THE WINDCASTER.

For dragons and magic, check out DRAGON RISING.

For fast-packed action with flying demon guts and betrayals, check out SEEKER: DEMON KILLERS.

For magic circles, treason, and genocide, check out RUNE MAGE and its sequel (in the same book) CHAOS MAGE.

Other novellas:

For Asian fantasy and a vengeful fire spirit, check out EMPRESS OF FIRE.

For Asian Scifi with robotics and what makes a human human? check out TECHNO FEVER.

For Regency fantasy with memory weaving gone wrong, check out WEAVE OF SILVER.

Other short stories:

For fantasy, check out ROSES AND DREAMS.

For general fiction, check out TEAR DROPS AND INK.

For horror, check out STUFF OF NIGHTMARES.