XVI

Julius
After strapping Ebony in her car seat, I got in the car and slowly started the ignition. I'm still shook at the thought of Isis in a coma. Suppose she won't make it? That's the only sibling I'm actually close with and if she's gone...

But enough but that sad talk. Isis will make it, I know she will. She's a survivor.

And if she doesn't then I know God will look after her and make sure she won't have to go through pain ever again.
*
I snapped out of  my thoughts once I got a text from Cam sending me an address.

Before heading over to the unknown place, I dropped Ebony off at the crib and called for a babysitter. She ain't old enough for this shit.
*
"Cam I'm downstairs." I said into the phone.

"Aii im coming." He said before hanging up. A few minutes later I saw him through the glass doors. "Where's your daughter?"

"Home."

He nodded and I followed him to the elevator. As we reached another floor, a bad ass brown receptionist was sitting down on her phone.

"Hey Cam who's this?." She smiled.

"Julius this Carma." She stood up smiling. "Carma this is Julius."

"Wassup ma." I know this isn't the right time to meet females but this girl was bad as shit.

"Hey." She smiled. We kept looking at each other until Cam tapped me a few times.

"We gotta go."

"Right, catch you later beautiful."

I followed Cam to this office that already had five niggas in there. I saw Dee and dapped him up.

The man was staring out his window but turned around with a cigar in his mouth. He think he some godfather or sum?

"Ahh you must be Julius, Isis's brother." He said walking around from his desk. "I'm sorry for what you're sister is going through right now but we're going to do whatever it takes to get these fuckers."

"That's sweet in all but you have any idea as to who did this?"

"Yes, this kingpin I've had beef with for while now. He must've got the word we were all together that one night and sent out a drive by on us."

"So where they at?"

"Slow down son we gotta plan this smart."

"Nah fuck that, my sister in that hospital fighting for her life and you saying we gotta wait? Type of bullshit is that? Now I only came here because I thought y'all was ready to go but if y'all ain't tryna match my speed then I can go through that bitch all by myself."

They all exchanged looks with one another.

"We in." Cam and his boy said.

"I gotchu." Dee agreed.

"We're in too." The "boss" said. "We can go through with this Saturday. Imma have Cam pick you up and meet us in the warehouse."

I simply nodded and left out the office. I walked to the front to see of shawty was still here and she wasnt.

But as I went outside I saw her bending over looking for something in her trunk. I glanced a look at ol' girl but kept it pushing. 

As I made it inside my car, Carma girl had tapped on my window as I was about to start the ignition.

"Wassup." I said as I rolled down my window.

"Nothing really I had just saw you through the window as I was by my car."