second sketch

it wasn't intentional.

namjoon saw seokjin quietly sketching by the school library. he scanned the surroundings and saw jeon jungkook, alone, reading a chemistry book, a pen in his hand and an open notebook on the table. namjoon was about to pay no attention to it when he noticed that seokjin was frequently glancing at jungkook.

that made him curious.

quietly walking towards seokjin, he peeped on the latter's broad shoulders.

he quickly recognized the jeon jungkook smoothly drawn on the paper. the sketches were quick and soft with a few hard strokes, enough to make the image still but alive.

namjoon sighed internally as he slid his hand inside his pocket and got his phone. he quickly snapped a picture of seokjin and who he is sketching.

a clench of heart was enough.

as he was walking down the hallway, two hours later, he saw seokjin again, sitting quietly by the floor of the hallway, sketching something—or rather, someone—again. by the stairway, he saw jungkook chatting with his friends, jimin and taehyung.

namjoon sighed and didn't mind them and continued walking away.

♬     ♪     ♩

seokjin sat frozen in his seat as he saw the picture namjoon showed him.

"hm? you don't want anyone—especially jungkook—to know these secret sketches, do you?" namjoon said and rested his chin on his hand.

"yeah, i.. i don't." he said in a low and uneasy tone.

outside, he grinned. on the inside, a certain part of him clenched.

"hmm.." namjoon tapped his fingers on his cheek and thought of something that seokjin could do in exchange of him deleting the picture of seokjin in his phone.

seokjin just looked at him, helpless and eyes silently pleading.

"i'm surprised that you choose to sketch an ethereal person when he should be more than just those soft, rough, and hard strokes." namjoon exhaled, looking at the ceiling.

"painting isn't my forte." seokjin mumbled.

a side of namjoon's lips curved upward. seokjin was always so soft-spoken. he was always mumbling.

and namjoon always liked that.

for him, mumbling seokjin is the cutest.

"well then," namjoon said, stretching his arms and his fingers cracked. seokjin looked at him, waiting for his decision, "i've decided two things."

"what is it?"

"one, do my special project in art class."

♬     ♪     ♩