fifth sketch

it has been a good week since the kissing incident that happened between namjoon and seokjin. at least for namjoon.

ever since the kissing incident, he hasn't talked to seokjin. he hasn't teased seokjin nor showed off anything to his friends within the classroom. he just contented himself with sitting peacefully beside the guy he liked.

seokjin on the other hand, hasn't said anything to him either. like always, he just sat on his seat, sometimes listening to their teacher, sometimes suddenly dozing off, or just sketching in his usual calm and quiet manner. sometimes, namjoon would look at seokjin only to see him looking at the window, the morning or afternoon light illuminating his soft and serene yet handsome features. but when seokjin would look straight ahead again, namjoon would suddenly look away, afraid of being caught in the act of melting seokjin with his stares.

namjoon didn't bother looking at seokjin's sketchbook like he always did before because he knew what the contents of that sketchbook would be. he will never be in there. why would he even be there in the first place when it already came from seokjin's lips that he was an awful person?

when their third class had ended, he quickly stood up and got his things and went out. he hasn't eaten anything yet and he was hungry. after ordering something, he went to the courtyard alone. his friend, hoseok, didn't show up today due to spring fever and actual flu so he was all by himself. there were a few students eating together, when namjoon sat down to eat what he bought. when he looked around, he saw seokjin sitting by the wooden bench, sketching again, his friend, yoongi, sitting beside him. yoongi was talking about something but they were too far from earshot to be heard by namjoon.

he didn't mind them and rested his back against the big tree and took a bite on his food.

when he finished eating, he looked back to see if seokjin was still sitting by the bench. unfortunately, he wasn't. namjoon stood up, threw his trash on the bin and went back inside the school building. he checked his watch and saw that there was still time left so he decided to go to the school library to relax his mind a bit. school has been stressing him these past few days, especially their p.e class since he isn't an avid fan of anything related to sports.

when he sat down, he saw seokjin again. his head was still lowered like always, all his attention focused on his sketchbook. beside him, yoongi was slumped against the long table, his chin on both his arms, looking at seokjin's sketches. sometimes, seokjin would talk, nod, or answer to anything yoongi said. when he looked up, their eyes met and it was namjoon who quickly looked away and proceeded to search for any good book to read. he found a book about animals and decided to proceed with it. he sat down and started reading, but in his peripheral vision, he saw seokjin look up once more, maybe at him, then suddenly away, flipping another page of his sketchbook.

again, namjoon didn't mind this as he saw jungkook sitting with his friends by the other table when he passed by them. of course, seokjin wouldn't sketch anyone besides jungkook and that is an obvious fact. a fact too obvious and too hard to forget.

liking seokjin from afar is enough for him.

♬    ♪    ♩

classes had ended with a heavy downpour of rain. when namjoon looked around, seokjin was already out of the classroom. a teacher called for him and asked him to go to the faculty office so they could talk there. he talked about a few matters regarding their subject since namjoon was a team leader in one of the groups from their certain subject.

the teacher talked and namjoon was just there, nodding once, twice, thrice, and another few more before the teacher dismissed him. when he went out of the faculty office, the hallways were already abandoned. he went down and walked straight towards his locker to place a few books and notebooks inside. when he opened the locker door, something fell that made him raise a brow in surprise.

he looked down and and noticed a familiar sketchbook. leaning down, he grabbed to pick it up and the person might have mistaken his locker for their own. flipping the first few pages, namjoon noticed a few familiar style of sketches. when he flipped another page, he noticed another familiar thing.

all were sketches of seokjin but the whole sketchbook contained nothing of jungkook. instead, the sketchbook was filled with random sketches of namjoon.

when namjoon was sitting by the classroom, when he was talking with hoseok, when he was sleeping under the shade of the tree, when he ate outside, and even when was reading quietly by the library. all this time, namjoon thought that it was jungkook who seokjin was sketching. but apparently, it was him who was the subject of seokjin's every work.

something inside him churned as he placed back the books and notebooks inside his locker, the sketchbook still in his hands.

when he walked towards the entrance of the building which was also the main exit, he saw seokjin sitting quietly, looking at the wet school grounds. for once, a pure confidence surged through namjoon's body as he called seokjin. when seokjin glanced up, he smiled immediately, a real one.

namjoon felt like he had a chance and he won't waste it.

“did you like the sketches i made?”

♬     end     ♩