third sketch

if there was something namjoon hated, that would definitely be arts.

he couldn't understand why he was gifted with the love for poetry and music yet he couldn't even draw a dog. paintings, sculptures, and drawings are the arts that he appreciate yet he couldn't achieve himself.

and if there was one masterpiece kim namjoon always adored, that would be kim seokjin.

they were both sitting quietly inside the library after classes had ended around twenty minutes ago. namjoon brought everything seokjin asked, the types of pencils he needed, a weird-looking eraser, and the sketchpad namjoon would later present to his professor to be graded.

seokjin was quiet all-throughout and namjoon was always the one to start a conversation. sometimes he would ask something, and other times he would just share a random fact in politics, advance calculus, and chemistry. seokjin would frequently hum and nod, and made him look like he was irritated at namjoon for not shutting up when he was busy doing the latter's special project, so namjoon zipped his lips and took out his phone and started scrolling and tapping. sometimes, he would glance at seokjin but seokjin never looked up at him. his focus was always on the sketchpad.

all the lights of the library made seokjin a fragile sculpture retained in a closed glass case that when touched, the glass would disappear and he would wither under his touch. namjoon remained at a close distance, and contented himself at just looking and glancing at seokjin.

a few murmurs, whispers, and sighs could be heard as seokjin finished his first sketch. namjoon reminded him to leave one page so that he could write his own explanation. seokjin nodded once and flipped another page and picked up another pencil and started with very fine and soft strokes almost invisible to one's eyes but enough to say that lines are indeed there. there was something different with the way seokjin's fingers hold the blue pencil, the way his hands brush the pad lightly, and the way his stares are too focused on what he's doing.

when seokjin finished sketching three pictures, he showed it to namjoon who wanted to smile widely after seeing seokjin's work but decided not to grin too much.
"art is such a fine piece of life, don't you think? the image neatly sketched deploys the message the artist wants to convey." namjoon said.

seokjin exhaled.
"a masterpiece of art won't be more than lines, curves and bursting colours if no one could appreciate its rare beauty."

namjoon just smiled at him and they both stood up and walked out of the library.

the hallway looked lonely and deserted without any human contact. late afternoon sunlight beamed on the hallway, painting the image with a fiery shade of orange. seokjin waited outside as namjoon presented the sketches of his professor. he nodded a few times and looked at the works for a good minute for each sketch. he graded the work namjoon passed and told him he could leave already. somehow, the professor did not recognize seokjin's work because he changed his style for namjoon's sake.

the halls were silent with only their shoes tapping on the floor the only sound to be heard.

"will you delete the photo now?" the soft-spoken seokjin asked, looking at namjoon. he abruptly stopped walking and leaned against the open side of the hallway were students usually look through and they can see the open grounds of the school. the sunlight gave namjoon a dangerous and serious look with the way he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"nah. i told you i've decided two things, remember?"

seokjin raised a brow.
"wh-what's the other one?"

"kiss me."

♬     ♪     ♩