Chapter 15: Breaking.

It had been about a week that the gang had know about Albert. They had come over a couple of times once they found out. At school whenever they were to talk about Albert they would call him Carl as a cover name. Even when texting they called him Carl. It was easier and no one would expect Albert to be in Jake's basement. They used tons of code words. They called Albert Carl when needed. They said bathtub when referring to the basement and "are the eggs okay?" As in to say "is he doing okay?" This gave Jake a bit of a lay off the stress. With the support of his friends it was now easier to keep Albert safe.

"So Jake, when will we see Albert again?" Asked Ethan taking out his bag from his locker.

"Not sure I'll text you guys later, cya!" Jake closed his locker door and headed down the stairs. He felt a little bad that all his time was now contributed to Albert but hey, the guy was living in his basement for crying out loud!

As per usual, Jake was practically running down the street to get to his house as soon as possible. When he arrived at his house he opened the door and headed it.

"I'm home!" Jake yelled down the house. Strange...he usually answers... Jake walked over to the basement door. It was strange that Albert didn't answer like he usually did. Jake opened the door and slowly walked door. He moved his head forward trying to increase his hearing.

He heard quiet sobs and whispers coming from...what seemed to be the bathroom? Jake walked over to the bathroom door. He pressed his ear up against it and listened.

"Albert...?" Jake whispered through the door.

No answer. 

"I'm coming in okay?" Jake slowly twisted the metal knob on the door. He opened it and looked in.

He saw Albert in the corner on the floor. He had his head in his knees and he was holding his head rather tight. There was a razor blade on the floor and blood coming from Albert's ankle. Albert was muttering something under his breathe.

"Please, stop, please, stop, no, no please, I'm begging you." With each word Albert spoke his voice became more and more shaky. He gripped his hair tighter and tighter and his breathing was at a rapid rate.

Jake moved towards him and gently placed down his hand on his shoulder. Before Jake could even lay a finger on Albert he flinched away.

"NO! PLEASE! I'M SORRY! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" Albert has tears rolling down his cheeks. He tightened his grip more and more on his hair. He then reached for the blade still not noticing Jake. Jake sat beside Albert and grabbed his arm before he could reach the blade.

"Albert no." Jake said as Albert quickly retracted his hand.

"No! Stop! Let me go! Please!" Albert's eyes were still sealed shut.

"Albert calm down." Jake moved closer to Albert and rapped one arm around him.

"WHY AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" Screamed Albert startling Jake. Albert couldn't help but scream in pain. He was in mental pain mostly.

"Albert...open your eyes..." Jake held both of Albert's arms as a sign to let go. Finally Albert opened his eyes. They were red and bloodshot.

"J-Jake?!" Albert threw himself into Jake. He lay in Jake's lap as he said calming words to sooth him. Jake gently traced circles in his hair over and over again.

"It's okay Albert shhhh..." Jake smiled as Albert quietly sobbed into Jake's lap. Jake didn't mind at all. Albert had had a panic attack that's all. Albert was slowly regaining his strength back. Albert looked over at the small blade on the bathroom floor. In awe of what he had done he sobbed even more. Jake looked over at Albert's bloody ankle. There were deep cuts, oozing blood from them. Jake brushed it off and smiled trying to keep Albert calm.

"It's okay Albert...I'll keep you safe."

A/N: another shit chapter sorry :/ writers block is a bitch. some juicy shit might happen soon who knows lmao. Anyway, have a nice day! ~ Sam