Wait, She Dove on her Own?

Elsa POV

"Excuse me?" Ari said, offended.

"I said, she isn't going with you. After the Palace, maybe. But not now."

"And why not?"

"I will not let my deck hand leave." Ari stared at me.

"Elsa?"

I groaned. "It was only a ploy to get out of the brig. Trust me, I don't want to be on such a weird boat." I looked at Jack, gauging his reaction. His face was stoney, looking at me. I willed him to realize I was just getting Ari off my back.

"Fine. if you really don't want to be there, come with me." 

"I can't." I held up my wrist.

"Yeah, you can." Ari sliced the rope, and Jack grabbed my wrist, just as I was getting up to bolt. Back to the Spirit of course. I needed to get to the Palace. 

"No. Ari. She is not going with you. I will make sure of that." He smiled creepily at her, and she stood.

"Fine, Frost. But I'm warning you, if Anna gets her hands on you..." 

"She won't. Or at least Elsa will call her off. Until I can explain at least." And he yanked me up, none too gently and walked briskly back to the ship. We had already dropped off my clothing. When we got back to the ship, Jac led me to my room. 

"Thank you." I told him.

"For what?" Yeah. He was mad at me.

"For grabbing my wrist back there. And standing up to Ari. I honestly needed time away from the crew. A change of scenery is nice." I said, forcing my gaze away from him so he wouldn't catch on that I kind of liked him.

"Oh, well, your welcome. I guess." He said rubbing the back of his head. He offered a shakey smile. I returned it. We both then jsut started laughing for no reason at all, other than to laugh.

"You should go. Ari might get suspicious if you don't leave now."

"Ari? She's probably gone."

"No, she isn't. She is on the deck of a boat across the boardwalk."

"Oh, okay. I will see you later then. I guess.

"Yeah, later." Jack left and I heard a screech from above. It sounded like Ari. I ran up the stairs to see her being held by North. Jack was apparently in his cabin.

"North, let her go. Now." I comanded.

He set Ari down on the deck. She looked confused. "Why did he do that? I though you were a deck hand?"

"No. She is Jack's temporary co-captain. Only way she would help us get to the Palace." North rumbled.

"Co-captain?" She screeched. I nodded.

"Yeah. Our knowledge combined can get us to the palace. Tell Anna that, and tell her to follow us. And if you even think that I am betraying you, remember who I am. Remeber my cause. I need to control my powers, Ari. I'm sorry. Besides, Jack might be able to help me train with the curse, if I can't be rid of it. Trust me, I am only on this ship so that I don;t hurt one of you. I care to much about you to do that." I tried to see her reaction.

"Fine. Just come back to us after the Palace, promise me? And I won't breathe a word to the rest of the crew. I never found you, got it?"

"Yes, thank you Ari! I owe you a major one." 

"Yeah, you can repay me when you get to the Palace, kay?" 

"Yeah, definitely. And by the way, none of you saw Ari, got it?" I told the rest of the crew. They nodded. Ari dove off the side of the ship and went under the water. A bunch of sailors rushed to the side, wondering what happened with her. She resurfaced a few minutes later and flicked her tail at the gaping crew. I laughed and waved. She smiled and waved back and was gone.

Jack POV

I heard a splash right next to my window and looked out to see... Ari as a mermaid? She smiled and waved to someone on deck and dove back under. I rushed up to see if Elsa was still there. She was, and she was lowering her hand from the wave she sent to Ari. Ugh, girls are so complicated. 

I looked around the deck and Elsa turned and saw me, her smile frozen in plce from Ari apparently. Her smile reached her eyes when she saw me. Maybe she does like me. Even just a little. maybe I'm art of the reason why she didn't want to go just yet. Oh well. I had looked at the map and saw that we should get to the Palace within a few days. I smiled and told the crew such. Wait, why am I smiling so often? I never smiled really when Elsa wasn't here. It's the ice in us. Yeah, that's it. I tried to come up with an explaination but none came. I groaned, but found myself smiling nonetheless. Elsa approached me.

"Hey Frosty. How are you?" I grinned at her.

"Better than ever. We should arrive at the Palace in a few weeks." She frowned slightly, but still smiled.

"Good. I can't wait." and she went back to her room. I went to my room, but too a secret passage to the corridor outside her room. she was just getting there when I leaned against the wall.

"J..Jack?" Elsa spluttered, looking a bit sad.

"Yeah."

"How did you get here? I left you on the deck."

"Do you want me to show you?" i offered. She accepted wearily, and I showed her the panel that slid out. 

"Follow me throught here." I told her. There was barely enough room to crawl, but I slid throught easily since I coated it with ice and I slid on my stomach. Elsa folloed suit. I opened the door and fell out on my bed. Elsa fell right above my head, laughing. 

"That was fun!" she said. "Wait, where are we?"

"We are in my room. I don't know, I just wanted to show you the secret passages. Now you know why I bought this ship."  smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Thanks for showing me, but i should get back."

"Wait," I said, stopping her from opening the panel again. 

"What?"

"I.. erm.. just wanted to say... I'mgladyouareontheshipwithme."

"What? I'm sorry I didn;t get that."

"I said, I'm glad you are.... on the ship...with me..." I trailed off and scratched my head. 

"Thanks, I'm glad I'm here too." and she actually hugged me. Not a quick hug, but one that kind of lasted. I hugged her back. We stayed that way for a minnte or two, then broke apart. She kind of looked embarassed. 

"I should go back. I mean, I don't want to intrude or anything." she said. 

 "Don't worry about that. Let me show you some more. Meet you in your room." I said. She nodded and slid back through the panel. I went back around and walked toward Elsa's room with a grin on my face. San stopped me.

"Hey, what's going on? I haven't seen that grin since you were 15 and had your sister here." (A/N: I made Sandy/San talk just so you know.) I had to leave my sister when i was 15, and she had died of the influenza last year. I stayed with her since part of my ice gift is that I couldn't get sick. I stayed with her for a week, when she finally passed. I cried and haven't smiled since. 

"Oh, nothing, really San."

"Jack, it isn't nothing. Someone has gotten to you. A girl maybe?"

"A girl?" I tried to sound incredulous.

"Yeah. It isn't Elsa is it?" 

"Erm... no?" 

"I knew it! I win the bet against North. Thanks." San darted off. Crap. Oh well, as long as it stays with San and North. I walked down to Elsa's room and knocked on her door. She didn't answer, so I opened the door.

No one was there.