O N E L A S T T I M E

erika pov
when we got to the destination, we pulled up to the gates
guard: players card?
i hand her my players card
logan: dam is this real someone pinch me
jake: okay*shrugs*
logan: ow fuck!! *screeches like a girl*
jake:*laughs* what you asked for it, hey who knew i had a big sister?!
logan: shut the fuck up*laughs*
guard: your good to go, good luck tonight rik!
erika: thanks!
pam: wow this is ridiculous how where you able to get here?
erika: that's a story for another time*giggles*
pam: well i can't wait to hear it!!
logan: same here!
we get out of the car and head inside
krista: ERIKA!! *panicking*
erika: hey what's up? *worried*
krista: it's in the gym, HURRY!!
i sprinted to the gym with everyone trailing behind me. and when i got there i started to tear up when i saw the whole team there with posters, signs and a whole bunch of other stuff.
erika: how did y'all know?
they all pointed behind me i turned and looked at jake who pretended to be clueless.
jake: i can't take all the credit
then the squad comes rolling in.
sunny: no but he can take all the credit
mack: he's been planing this for a while now
coach: yup he has
alex: well you do deserve it rik!
erika: awwwe thanks guys!!
i felt so happy but yet not at the same time because my family wasn't there with me instead they are to busy for me. my mood quickly changed from over the top happy to a little sad.
————
jake pov
i saw the way erikas face lit up as she walked into the gym and i'm happy to say i got it all on tape! but i could tell something was up with her her mood quickly changed from happy to a slight sadness. i grabbed my phone and texted in the group chat.
jake: change of plans you guys can come in now instead of halftime!
dan: okay we are comin!!
end of text
i put my phone back into my pocket than walked up behind erika and wrapped my arms around her waist.
————
erika pov
as i was going through my thoughts i felt hands wrap around my waist. i guess he could tell i was a little bit sad as jake whispers
jake: you okay?
i nodded my head, than leaned back against his chest and he held me. when i'm in his arms there is no place i'd rather be. he made all the sadness go away, he makes me feel safe and protected when i'm with him. dam i love you so much jake joseph paul!
just than krista started playing music and everyone was getting all hyped up for our as was i than when i turned around i saw them. i saw my family holding up signs and dressed in my jerseys that they had gotten. i ran out to them as fast i could and hugged them.
dan: you really think we would miss your last game??
everyone looked at me
erika: yeah*sighed*
jc: how could we it's literally everywhere in the house?!
erika: i dont know i'm just glad you guys are here!
angle: well you can thank jake
morgan: yeah after all he was the one that got us up early to make this all happen
erika: really?!?!
they all nodded, i turned around and went to go find jake. when i did he was talking to logan. i ran up behind him and jumped on his back he lost is footing but didn't fall.
jake: WOAH!!
i giggled
jake: what's this for?
he puts me down
logan: well i'm gonna go talk to mom see ya
logan leaves
erika: you did all of this for me?
i wrapped my arms around his neck as he placed his hands on my hips.
jake: yeah*smirks*
erika: you didn't have too
jake: but i did have too, because i know i've been a jerk to you in the past and i know how much this game really means to you so i thought aye if you have to put up with me the least i can do is make this game even more special. so yeah i had to do this for you i mean after all you are my princess.
i went on my tiptoes and pulled his neck to my lips and kissed him. he held me closer to his chest and he kissed me back it got deeper each kiss than we pulled apart.
jake: what was that for, not that i'm complaining or anything?!?
erika: a thank you
i kissed him on the cheek than he pulled me into a hug.
jake: i could get used to that*winks*
we both laughed and i hugged him tighter.
coach: well girls, this is it the last game of the season. it's been an honor coaching you girls throughout the year and i just have to say, i'm going to miss you all but hopefully i'll see the rest of you guys next season. as for you erika(as she points at me) you have been an honor to coach. not to mention you are kind, caring and a great leader for this team. you have lead us to our highest highs and our lowest lows, but we still made it out alive.*team giggled* i have to say rik you are the only person i've ever coached to stood up for the team at our lowest low even if it was against me...i'll admit i was being bitchy that game but you put me in my place when everyone was afraid to and i respect that. (i couldn't help but smile) we are going to miss you tricky rik!! you may break the others teams ankles and steal our hearts out on that court...but just remember that we are family and this family sticks together as we come and go. so please come back a visit sometime and make sure you keep up with practicing your skills kiddo! we love you rik!!
everyone clapped, i walked over to the coach and hugged her tight
coach: keep in touch?
erika: heck yeah i will!
coach: group hug!!!!
the whole team is in one big hug and people are taking pictures.
erika: i'm gonna miss each and everyone of you guys!! it's been an honor to lead you guys throughout these past couple of years. by these one thing someone taught me it's no matter how you feel or what's going on in your life you got to keep on smiling and working hard because it's everyday bro!
jake looks at me and shakes his head while smiling i just shrug as if i didn't know anything.
erika: so what do you say we take home a dub tonight....one last time before we all go our own ways?!?!?!
everyone: yeahhhhh!!!!!!
coach: okay it's game time everyone get ready!!
we head to the locker room as we do kade is taking pictures of us walking away laughing just overall having a good time. than before we know it we are out on the court ready to go warming up than the whistle blows signaling its time to play.
erika: who's ready?!?
team: we are!
erika: here we go one last time! what time is it?!?
team: game time!
erika: i can't hear you!
team: game time!!!
erika: break on three 1...2...3
team: BREAK!!
————-
logan's pov
i'm exited to see erika play because not gonna lie i'm obsessed with basketball but i don't play because i prefer making other people laugh by making my self look like an idiot but it's all good because as i'm doing it i'm surrounded by those who support be!
————
pam pov
as the game starts i'm excited for erika because she's really happy out there not to mention she's really good. just than krista come over
krista: hey guys i have shirts that erika had me make for y'all
she hands up the jerseys
pam: thank so much
krista: your welcome now enjoy the game!
pam: thanks again we will!!
once she leaving
logan: dam these are dope!
jake: i know right
pam: i like it!!
logan: same here!!
than we watch as the whistle blows signaling its time for the game to start!