I

Previously in Book 1

"Why Scarlett, you could have came to me." he says.

"I know, but, its just, I cant explain, Dan." I say.  He looks up at me with tears in his eyes.

"I think I have to leave the room now." he says, leaving, and shutting the door behind him.  I can feel tears dripping down my cheeks.  He hates me, everyone hates me.  The world itself hates me.

Before anyone can come in, I run across the room and grab the knife.  I hold it directly infront of my stomach, already slightly putting force to it.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, slowly applying more force to it.

'So, this is how it ends'  I think, as I apply force to the knife, and I feel a piercing pain in the stomach.

*Connor's POV*

I see a knife half way into Scarlett's stomach, and a worried expression plastered across her face.

"Move out of the way!" Someone shouts from behind, as I see doctors file into the room. The door closes, and the shade thing goes down.  I hear alot of yelling in there, half of it Scarlett's.

"Please!  Just let me die!" I hear her shout.

"I dont want to live another minute in this world!" I hear her shout again.  

What happened to my beautiful Scarlett?  She was so happy, well, I think she was.  She always seemed so happy.  

"Why would she do this to herself." Mrs. Winters cries out, and I cant help but think the same.  Why would she do this to herself? Doesnt she understand that people love her?

Because oh boy, do I lover her.

-

-

-

"Stop trying to fix me!"  I hear Scarlett scream from inside her hospital room.  I'm pacing back and forth infront of her door, while everyone else is sitting down.  2 hours ago Scarlett tried to kill herself again, but the doctors got the bleeding under control, and they wrapped a bandage around it.  Were all just relieved shes alive.

But shes not ok.

The past hour weve heard her yelling at the doctors to just let her die, or to stop trying to fix her.  She's going crazy, but I still love her.

"Just leave me be!" I here her scream again, as her doctor and 3 nurses come out of the room.

"Scarlett, isnt doing good.  Shes suffering severe depression."  the doctor says

"Please, let me see her." Mrs. Winters says. The nurses look at the doctor, and the doctor nods his head.  Mrs. Winters then looks at me.

"Connor, will you please come in with me?" she asks, with a sniffle.

"Of course, Mrs. Winters." I say, as we walk into Scarlett's hospital room, where she is pulling at her hair.

"Scarlett, baby." Mrs. Winters says.  Scarlett looks at her mother alarmed.

"Mom, please, I dont want you to see me like this, I'm a monster." she says.

"Scarlett," she says, running up to her, and giving her a hug.  Scarlett seems surprised, but after a minute, hugged back.  

Scarlett and her mother talk for a long time.  The whole time Scarlett is either biting her nails or punching her stomach.  

"You can talk to her, Connor." Mrs. Winters says, exiting the room.  This just leaves me and Scarlett.