Chapter 10: Rivendell

((Katiea POV))

I held onto Kili tightly. I started to feel very dizzy and drowsy causing my vision to go fuzzy. I hugged Kili tighter and reached down and grabbed his hand. "Thank you kili....so much." I whispered. "Of course, anything for you." He said with a grin. I suddenly felt a hand on my back. I looked and found Fili. "Don't worry Katiea, when we get to Rivendell I'm sure the elves will help you. We won't let you stay hurt much longer okay?" He said smiling. I couldn't help but smile realizing how much the two brothers cared for me. It felt nice to be cared for.

We entered the Rivendell gates and where met by an Elf man. I laid my chin on Kilis shoulder to see what he was seeing. "Who's the elf dude?" I whispered. "No idea but he has girl hair." Kili said, I smiled and giggled quietly. "Where is Elrond?" Gandalf asked the Elf. "Lord Elrond is not here." He said before the elven soldiers returned and circled. The dwarves all formed into a circle.
"Stop! I don't think their going to hurt us!" I said weakly. "Hush Katiea..." Dwalin said from beside me. I huffed and dug my face into the side of Kilis neck, not even wanting to pay attention. All I could focus of was the pain searing in my leg. I suddenly heard Gloin should in anger.

"What's he saying!! Does he offer us insult?" He said. "No master Gloin he's offering you food." Gandalf said. Hearing the word food make my stomach pinch in hunger. "Wait. Before we continue this, the halfling needs help." Thorin said. The elves looking at bilbo in confusion. "The other halfling." Thorin said annoyed, I looked at him "how would you feel if I just refered to you as Dwarf?" I said, he just rolled his eyes. Kili walked towards then and turned to leave me looking at an Elven man. "Hello..." I said not exactly knowing what to say. "Hello young one. Come, follow me." I laughed nervously and looking at Kili. "I can't walk..." I said. "I'll carry you there." Kili said smiling. I looking to the Elf, he nodded in approval before walking away. "In that case, ONWARD NOBEL STEED!" I said pointing forward and to my happiness Kili laughed and ran after the Elf.

After we made our way through the large elven city we where left if a bedroom. "Please undress and put this on. I'll be outside the room if you need and thing, call when your ready." The elven woman said before leaving me in the room with Kili.

He gently set me down on the bed and turned to me. "Do you need help getting changed?" My face heated up and I looked down slightly embarrassed. "Yeah...I think I do...do you mind?" I said looking up at him. "Of course not." He said pushing my bangs out of my face. "Um...I'll close my eyes though, I assume you don't want me seeing you without clothes on." I shook my head. "You wouldn't like what you see." I said sadly and stood on my good leg. "Katiea I'm sure you have a stunning body...if I where aloud to you I would want nothing more than to see it." I blushed. "No...Kili you don't understand..." I said. He sighed and left the conversation alone and helped me get my pants off without hurting my leg, though once my pants where off it left me in my underwear...and fully exposed my bruises and cuts and scares "That looked pretty bad..." Kili said looking a little closer at my main injury, completely ignoring my other ones. 'Thank god he didn't notice' I thought to myself. "Where did the other ones come from?" He said suddenly. 'Shit...' I sighed and looked at him. "They came from this adventure I've fallen quite a bit." I said looking away. "Would you understand if I said I thought you where lying?" I looking down and nodded. "Come on, left get your shirt off." I nodded and pulled off my shirt, luckily he turned around and my hair had grown over this trip to the length that could cover my chest. Though my scars only got worse on my stomach, my back was covered in bruises and cuts. I had a very deep gash on my side from a kitchen knife that I had stitched up myself. "Katiea! What has happened to you?!?!" Kili said in a worried tone once he looked at me. "K-Kili I-" he came closer. "WHO. DID. THIS." I shook my head. "If you don't tell me. I'm getting Thorin." He couldn't be serious could he?! I didn't say anything. He huffed and turned to storm out the door. I was frozen. He left and I was alone with my terrified thoughts. "No...nononono!" I screamed and threw my dagger at the door. "I can't tell them...what would Thorin think of me?!?!" I was panicked. I suddenly heard come knocks at the door. I rushed the slipped on the dress the elven woman had told me to out on. "C-come in...." I said in a scared tone. To my surprise...it wasn't Thorin...it was Fili!

"Fili...w-what are you doing here." I asked. He shut the door and set down his pipe. "Kili came and told me I needed to come talk to you because he figured you would feel comfortable talking to me." I slowly nodded.

I did actually feel more comfortable talking to Fili than I did any of them. He was nice and understanding...and he actually listened. "Now, what's this about, Kili said something about injuries." I sighed.

"I'm guessing you want to see them..." Fili nodded. "I can't help if I don't see them. I nodded, "please close your eyes. He did just that. I pulled off my dressed and folded my arms over my bare chest. "O-okay..." He looked up and gasped. "Katiea...what's happened to you?" He asked in a low tone. "if I tell you...will you tell the others?" Kili shook his head. "I swear I won't." "Not even Kili?" He nodded "nobody. I swear." I sighed and sat down on the bed and pulled a blanket to cover myself.

I explained what happened to my father, which he felt horrible for me about. "After my father died...my mother started drinking and decided I wasn't worth loving. She...because to beat me...whenever she was angry and would hit me and cut me with knives. she only fed me her scraps and I slept in the attic. I would have told someone...but I was scared....I just left it know that's how my life would be. She was so nice...so kind...then it all just went away..." I stopped...I knew I was crying...I suddenly felt two arms wrap around my tightly. "You don't deserve this...to be hurt like this. You should have told someone." I heard Fili say.

I could feel myself shaking violently in his arms with tears streaming down my face. "Who...w-who was I supposed to tell??" I said looking at him. "You could have told bilbo." I looked down. "I wouldn't have wanted to bother him...it's my own problem." He sighed. "Katiea...your being beaten, harmed and abused. It's not just your problem! If Thorin knew about this...he would never let her hurt you again...or anybody." My eyes widened and I grabbed his shoulders. "You arnt going to tell him are you?!?!?" I said scared. "No." He said placing his hands on my cheeks. "The only way he would find out is it you where to tell him which would be wise." I looked down "Thorin wouldn't care...my mother it's right...I'm not loved...and I never will be, I'm hardly liked." I whispered. "You've never been more wrong." Fili said. "What?" I asked

Fili pulled my chin up and pressed his lips to mine. I froze then calmly relaxed into the kiss. He slowly pulled away.

"I've grown very fond of you." Fili said.

Suddenly the door was slammed open.

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled.