Chapter 21: Master of the town

I ducked down into the barrel with Thorin, i ended up practically straddling him with my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I was looking through a hole poked in. "He's talking to someone..." I muttered before looking at Thorin. His eyes pierced mine. The one thing that stumped me was he wasn't looking away...he usually did by now. "W-what are you looking at..." I stumbled over my words. "Is this what you really look like?" He whispered. I nodded..."yes...it is. D-do you not like it?" I asked scared of his answer. Suddenly I felt his hand go up my back and tighten around me. "I think you look beautiful." He said never looking away. I felt my face heat up as he came closer and closer. I closed my eyes and leaned in. We where a mere inch away from eachother. It was all perfect...that is until pounds of fish was poured on us. "Ew!!! Fish!!!" I squealed and dug my face into his neck so I couldn't smell it. "I'm gonna decapitate that man." I growled in Thorin's shoulder. I felt him chuckle from his chest. We felt the boat start to move, "keep quiet, we're approaching town." Bard said. I pressed my face more I to Thorin's shoulder so all I could smell was him, he smelt like iron and dirt. I felt him press his face into my hair, holding me tightly.

Thorin POV
I resisted the urge to gag with the over the unruly smell. Suddenly we stopped and heard muffled speaking though we couldn't make out what they where saying. Suddenly we felt as though the barrels where being tipped. "Nononono" Katiea whispered. We heard someone yell stop and we felt the barrel placed back where it was.

In a short while we where let out of the barrels, right I to the lake. We swam into what opened to be...a toilet...great. We heard Bard kick the side and Dwalin who was infront of my went up. I looked behind me and gestured Katiea to go first. She looked furious. "Common, go up." I said. She huffed and pushed past me out of the hole, climbing up into the house. "Da...why are there dwarves climbing out of our toilet?". I glared, "will they bring us luck??" The little one cheered. I cracked a smile. Watching Katiea try not to smile.

Katiea POV

We all settled I to Bards home and tried to dry off. "It may not be the best fit, but it'll keep you warm." Bard said as he handed me a worn coat. I nodded in thanks and pulled it on. "It's just fine." I smiled. I noticed Thorin looking out the window. I stood and stood next to him. "What are you looking at?" I asked. "A Dwarvish Wind-Lance." Was all he uttered. "A what?" I muttered. Bilbo stood on the other side of him. "You look like you've seen a ghost." Bilbo said. Balin decided to chime in. "He has. The last time we saw such a weapon, a city was on fire. It was the say the dragon came." He spoke. I looked up at Thorin, he glanced at me from the side for a moment.

"The day that Smaug destroyed Dale. Girion, the Lord of the city, rallied his bowman to fire upon the beast." Balin started. "But a dragon's hide is tough, tougher than the strongest armor. Only a black arrow, fired from a wind-lance, could have pierced the dragon's hide, and few of those arrows were ever made."

"Had the aim of Men been true that day, much would have been different." Thorin said looking down at me. Bard walked up and looked down at Thorin. "You speak as though you where there." Bard said. I was about to speak up and say how he was but Thorin covered my mouth with his hand. "All dwarves know the story." He said. Bard huffed. "Then you would know that Girion hit the dragon. He loosened a scale under the left wing. One more shot and he would have killed the beast." He said. I pulled off Thorin's hand. "Really?" I asked in astonishment. Dwalin pushed me aside, "Ha ha ha! That's a fairy story, lad. Nothing more." He said. Thorin shoved me behind him and storms to bard, "you took our money, where are the weapons?" He asked. "Wait here." He says before leaving. I sighed and strolled over to see how Kili was doing. "How are you feeling?" I asked placing my hand on his forehead, he was burning up. I panicked and ran over to Damien who was laying down next to one of the little girls, who was Extremely interested in his teeth. "Please don't do that, he doesn't like it and I don't want you getting hurt okay?" I said nicely. The little girl nodded and wandered off. "Do you by any chance know how to heal Kili?" I asked. Damien shook his head. "I'm sorry my lady, I don't." I sighed and looked back to see Bard coming back. I allowed Damien to climb and latch himself on my back. We joined the rest of the dwarves to see what he brought back. Needless to say, it was dissapointing and the dwarves...where very unhappy.