Chapter 22: Erebor

Katiea POV

I woke up blurry eyed and yawned. I sat up from my bed and looked around. Dwarves everywhere sleeping in various places. I smile, however that smile quickly faded when I spotted Kili looking extremely uncomfortable on the floor. I slid off the bed and hobbled over to him. I shook his arm until his eyes met mine. "Katiea? What are you doing?" He groaned. "Come sleep in the bed. I'm not going to sleep anymore so you can use it the rest of the night." I said with a sweet smile. He smiled and nodded. I helped him up and took him to the bed. "Thank you," he said grinning at me. "Of course~" I replied before squeezing his hand then walking elsewhere, as I approached the door I noticed Fili was snuggling Damien in his sleep. I covered my mouth to keep from laughing and ran for the door.

I quickly pulled on my boots, for now that I was no longer a hobbit my feet froze when I didn't have them. I stepped outside and leaned on the railing. It was peaceful and quiet, nobody was out. I looked up at the moon and felt myself fully at peace. I heard someone step outside behind me. I looked to see the king under the mountain himself. "Hello Mr. Oakenshield~" I giggled. He smiled and nodded at me. "Tired?" I asked quietly. He leaned on the railing next to me. "Yes, I am." He sighed. "Why are you awake?" He asked me. I shrugged and looked at him. "I don't know I just woke up." I replied. He nodded, "yeah, me too." He laughed quietly. I wandered down the walkway and looking at the dark shadow of the mountain. "I can't believe we made it this far." I said looking at it. Thorin stood next to me. "Yes...but we still have a dragon to deal with, keep that in mind." He said. I looked at Thorin from the corner of my eyes before taking a deep breath and reaching over, lacing my fingers with his. I scooted a little closer. "I don't doubt that we can beat him...I mean...look what we've already beaten." I said with a small smile. Thorin glanced at me. "Yes I suppose that's true," he said turning to me. I looked up at him. "Then why are you so worried? I mean worse comes to worse I could ask Damien to take care of him." I said. Thorin laughed lightly before doing what I never expected. He gently pressed his lips to my forehead then rested his forehead on mine. "That's very kind of you to offer." He said. I felt a blush creeping on my face. "W-well I mean I just don't want to see you or any of the others get hurt." I stuttered, my eyes darted up to his then back down to the ground. "I-i mean I-I j-just don't really think that having a dragon on your side and not using that to your advantage would be a dumb idea d-don't you agr-" I was cut off when he gently pressed his lips to mine. My eyes widened and my breath hitched before gently closing, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed myself onto my tip toes. I felt myself running out of breath and slowly pulled away. I stepped back and looked at the ground. I felt his hand gently pull my chin up to look into his eyes. "Katiea...you know I care a great deal about you, right?" He asked, his voice was low and sent shivers up my spine. I nodded, I felt him grab my other hand. "We've gotten to know eachother very well over the course of this journey..." He started. I cracked a small smile realizing that if he didn't have a beard, I'm sure his cheeks would be extremely red. "I was hoping...you would do me the honor...of being mine?" He asked. I smiled and nodded, "I would love nothing more!" I said happily before jumping and hugging him tightly. I felt his strong arms hug my waist. I kissed his cheek and stepped back onto the ground. I looked back to the mountain. "When are we leaving?" I asked. "At first light. We should get some more sleep before then." He said placing his hand on my shoulder. I nodded then stopped, "what's the matter?" Thorin asked me, noticing I stopped. "Ugh, I don't have a bed anymore I let Kili have mine because I thought I wouldn't be sleeping anymore." I groaned. "You can sleep with me, come on." He said taking my hand. I blushed and just silently followed him. I climbed into bed with Thorin and sighed. "What's the matter?" He whispered. I shook my head and slid down and layed my head on his chest, soon falling asleep.

I felt myself being shaken away, sunlight peered through the windows. I opened my eyes to see Bofur giving me a cheeky smile. "W-what?" I laughed. "So you and Thorin ay?" He laughed. "Eh...hehe..speaking of Thorin? Where is he?" I asked noticing everyone was gone. "Their all getting ready to leave. Thorin told me to come get you up. So get dressed and meet us down by the boat." Bofur said. I nodded and held the door open for him to leave. Before I could close the door, Bards youngest daughter stopped me. "Hello Ms. Katiea, I brought you your clothes, I washed them for you!" She said with a wide smile. I giggled and took the clothes. "Thank you so much~ your so sweet" I said. Suddenly she saw Damien behind me inside. "C-can I play with your dragon?" She asked. I looked back and nodded. The little girl ran in towards him. It must have startled him because he flew to the ceiling and clung to the wood. "Damien calm down, she only wants to play!" I said laughing as I started changing my clothes. I used extra precaution so the small girl wouldn't see any of my privates. I watched Damien fly back down but burst out laughing when te little girl tried to ride him. Damien sighed and grew slightly bigger so he could hold her. The girl giggled in pure happieness. "Fly! Fly!" She squealed. I laughed and pulled on my boots. "Yeah Damien, fly!" I cheered. He pushed off the ground and hovered across the floorboards. I quickly braided my hair in a simple braid down my back. "Common,do you wanna ride him down to the boat?" I asked. She nodded anxiously. "Don't drop her." I said looking at my irritated dragon.