Chapter 29: Complications

Katiea POv

After I finally got uncomfortable being dangled by my dragon I climbed his tail and up to just behind his head. "So...this army. Can you tell me about it?" I asked Damien quietly once he flew above the clouds allowing us a quiet peaceful glide. "Well, the soldiers of Astarot are born warriors. There is no training that could make you into one of our warriors. Ether you are born with the pure blood, or you are not." He said. "So...all of the soldiers are born purely from Astarot? No outsiders?" I asked. "Yes. You for example, are born of pure Asarot blood." He said. "So...I'm a warrior?" I asked. "Well...yes and no." He said. "You are a queen. You lead, you direct. However your soldiers know what their doing, your job is to control the dragons, and berserkers." He said. "Berserkers?" I asked confused. "Yes, large bewitched creatures that were made indestructible to average warfare power." He said as he glided gently back down under the clouds. "So like...a wizard could harm them?" I asked. "Exactly." He said. "Wow, that's amazing. How do I control them?" I asked. "Well, they are brought to life with the blood of a royal. Any royal in the Astarot line can activate them. However if your parents were alive, you would only be able to activate one. You father controlled them all, your mother controlled half." He said. "So will I only be able to control half?" I asked. "No, you will control them all, simply because you are now the last living Royal. Unless you have children, then they will have limited control." He said as he began to slowly descend as Astarot came into view. "Wow....there's so much to take in." I said. "I understand if your anxiety of this is rising, I would honestly be surprised if it wasn't." Damien said lowly. "What's that supposed to mean?!" I argued. "Nothing. Nothing at all." He said.

Thorin POV

I sat quietly in my throne room, staring off again not thinking of anything in particular...besides Katiea's words. "Thorin." I was pulled out of my trance by Balins voice. "What?" I asked. "Thorin, if you are not going to bend any time soon I fear we may have a war on our hands." He said. My eyes shot to him, "I will not bend for what is rightfully ours. I have no reason not to fight for my own people!!" I said angrily. Before he could speak again I cut him off. "Where is Katiea. I need to speak with her." I said sternly. "She's gone Thorin, Damien came and got her." Balin said quietly. I didn't utter a word in shock and looked at him. "I'm sure she will return." Balin said. I felt anger rising in my chest and stormed past him. "She abandoned us!" I growled. "Thorin! She would never do that!" Balin yelled. I turned and looked at him. "How do you know?! How do you know she planned to leave the entire time! We didn't even know who she actually was half of this journey! She lied to us!!!" I yelled. "Thorin she didn't even know who she was. She knew as much as we did, she would not lie to us." He said. I glared daggers at him. "Leave. Now." I said. "Tho-" "LEAVE!!!!" I yelled causing Balin to jump in surprise before quietly turning and leaving.

Katiea POV

I slid off of Damien's head softly landing on the stone of the outer gates of Astarot. "Queen Seraphine!!!" I heard Scottie's voice boom. I whipped around and saw all three girls running towards me before they slid down to one knee and bowed. "N-no need to do that..." I said slightly flustered by the respectful act. They all stood and had a frantic but excited look on their face. "We currently have the solders in manual training to brush up their skills. We need you however..." Scottie said. "Why?" I asked as I suddenly felt Damien's nose nudge me forward. "Ve need to awaken the berserkers." Julchen said. "Then wake them up?" I asked then mentally slapped myself. "Never mind, Damien explained this to me." I said, correcting my own mistake. "Good, and Damien," Scottie said as four...rather large and muscular men dressed in armor. "We need to get you ready." Scottie said. Damien stood and bowed his head to me. "I will see you soon, you are safe." He said. I nodded nervously before he was led away into a different area of the castle. "Your highness, I hate to rush you but need to hurry." Scottie said. I nodded as they suddenly took off, with me running beside them down the hall.

"WAIT!" We all slid to a stop from the sudden voice of Ramron behind us. I stopped and turned around, looking at him confused. "Yes?" I asked. "Are you three idiotic!!!!" He yelled. I stayed quiet, confused and not wanting to touch whatever was making him mad. "What?! No!" Julchen snapped. "Well, if you weren't, you would know she cannot release all of the berserkers!" He said. I looked at him oddly. "But if I'm the last of the Royal line shouldn't I be able to?" I asked. "No. You must be queen before you can control them all." He said bluntly. My eyes widened. "W-what? How would that make a difference?" I asked. "Ohhhhhhhhh" The three girls said simultaneously suddenly. "What?! Why ohhhh?" I asked. "The Phoenix's blood." Scottie said. "What's that?" I asked. "Your mother wore a necklace your parents rein called The Phoenix's blood. The necklace has a special red ruby in it that came from the heart of a Phoenix." Ramron said. "Wow, a Phoenix?" I asked. They all nodded. "So, what do I need this necklace to control the berserkers?" I asked. "Yes that's exactly what we're saying." Julchen said. I sighed. "O-okay well where is it?" I asked. They looked at each other. I rolled my eyes, "do you really think we have this kind of time? Where is it?" I asked. "We....don't know." Scottie said. I looked at them somewhat shocked and confused. "What? Who knows?" I asked. "Well, your parents very close family friend, Dalin, was who they entrusted to make sure the necklace was kept safe...they never imagined you would come back here and take the throne. Therefore he hid it somewhere nobody would find it." Ramron said. "Then why don't we ask him where it is?" I asked. The girls hung their heads, "Dalin...died...five years ago." Scottie said sadly. I frowned, "I'm sorry...that's awful. What are we going to do thought?" I asked looking at them. "Unless we find that necklace...we won't have an extra edge in whatever may come our way." Ramron said. I sighed and looked down the long hall and gazed at the roof of the tunnel we were in. "What should we do?" Julchen asked. I looked at her and saw all four of them looking at me, waiting for an answer. I pointed to myself resulting in a nod from them. I looked over my shoulder and back to them, "o-okay...here's what we're going to do. I want five different search parties made, we each are going to take a different section of the kingdoms and are to leave nowhere un-searched. I doubt they would take something so valuable outside of the kingdom so it has to be here somewhere." I said sternly. They smiled and nodded, "yes your majesty." they before we all took off towards the soldier training room. I watched them run down the hall and already began to feel the pressure of being in charge. 'I feel like I need to apologize to Thorin for being so stressed all the time.' I thought as I began to hear the sound of war yells growing louder and louder as we neared my army.