1

- Train Boy

I sat at my isolated desk, staring at the bland wood in front of me as I evaluated the repetitiveness of my life while playing with a single stand of my hair.

I had come to a conclusion that my life had indeed become a loop consisting of eating, working, sleeping and repeating, and without a doubt, the stress of these factors were showing in my daily attitude.

"y/n" somebody calls, dragging my trail of thought back to the office.

I lift my gaze to see my angel of a boss staring down at me with pity hidden in her gaze, "Oh- yes ma'am?" I reply in an attempt to regain composure.

"You've been dozing off for a while now" she continues, raising a brow with concern.

"I'm really sorry, it's just that-" I start but get cut off by the wave of her petite hand.

"y/n" she sighs, "we have already talked about this" she adds after s pause, "leave early today and take a few days off, you know I really don't mind, your health comes first".

After a few second of looking down at my folded hands, I sigh in defeat at my kindly stubborn boss before shaking my head and looking back up at her, "alright then, I'll just finish these and then-" I say but get cut off once again.

"No" she snaps, "leave everything where it is, go home and relax , y/n" she adds, in a motherly tone.

I chuckle slightly at her with fondness before nodding my head and grabbing for my bag and coat once she has walked away.

I sigh in relief before getting up and hurrying my way out towards the exit. I looked down at my watch to see it was just past 5pm, meaning, to my luck, rush hour had just started. Letting out a groan, I run towards the station in a hurry to catch the only train which gets to my area.

By the time I enter the platform, the beeping of the train doors closing becomes evident, causing me to subconsciously hurl my body towards the door closest to me.

It was as if everything was slow motion; my body slipping through the tiny gap of the tight pair of doors as I grab onto whatever is in front of me that that very moment.

Overcoming the haze of the moment I realise that the whole carage, in-fact, was staring at me in amusement while I latched onto the material of a strangers coat in front of me.

I gasp and move back to release my grip, only to be met with the window of the door in direct contact with the back of my head.

"Owe" I groan in embarrassment, looking in front of me to see the individual I was latching onto, staring at me with an amused glint in his eyes.

"I-I am so sorry" I say quickly, in the mist of my clumsiness.

He smiles and looks straight into my eyes, narrowing them and tilting his head to the side as he lets out a chuckle, "I don't accept your apology" he says playfully, crossing his arms.

"Sorry, What?" I ask in confusion at the mans response before he speaks up again,

"I won't accept your apology.." he rephrases while trailing off of his words, "unless you let me walk you home" he adds, cocking up a brow.

'Is this man really trying to hit on me in a situation like this?' I scoff at my thought.

I look up at his non the less, and force the sweetest smile I can in a situation like so, "that would be unnecessary, sir" I reply, emphasising the 'sir' at the end, causing him to chuckle.

"I mean, a pretty young lady like yourself should be protected from the storms winter climate" he says, matter-of-factly in an exhandrated tone, "where is your stop anyway?" He asks cockily.

"Here" I say, turning to the map and pinning my finger to the last stop on the line, "wouldn't want to bother you with the long journey" I add sarcastically, giving a fake smile.

"No need" he says while returning the gesture, "we're going the same way, miss" he says, mimicking my tone with a satisfied smirk.

I roll my eyes and take a seat in one of the now empty spaces, before feeling the other follow my actions and take a seat beside me, causing our knees to graze against one another.

"So whats your name?" He asks in a casual manner, as if I am not agitated at all by his determination.

However, the young male that I soon found out had the name of 'Jeon Jungkook', caught me in a mesh of small talk before it was time to get off at my designated station.

"I haven't seen you around here though" I say, continuing our current conversation which, needless to say, I had become very fond of "are you new around here?" I add.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that" he responds as we reach the stairs which lead to the busy streets of Seoul, "race you to the top" he mumbles out in a childish manner, before giggling and lunging himself up through numerous steps.

I hurry and storm behind, catching up just at the brink of the street entry, "hey, that's not fair" I whine, "you got a head start", I add with my signature fake pout.

He laughs out loud at my childish behaviour while trying to regain his breathing pattern, causing me to giggle along with him at the sight of my newly made friend.

I roll my eyes between my fit of giggles before walking in the direction of my apartment, he catches me walking away and takes the hint to follow in my direction.

After a while of slow walking in the winter nights breeze, accompanied by a series of Jungkook's silly jokes, we find ourself in front of the place in which I reside.

"Well, this is my stop" I say as I turn to face him, "how far is your house? We should hang out sometime" I add with a smile as I look up at his much taller form.

He laughs again and looks up into the moonlit sky as if he is thinking about something, "Well, I was supposed to get off like 9 stops ago.." he trails off, causing me to gasp and reach out to playfully hit him, which he successfully dodges .

"You little-" I trail off, trying to hit him as he dodges each of my throws.

He grins after my last failed attempt to throw hands, slyly reaching for my
Jacket pocket and pulling out my mobile phone, typing in something for a while as I stare at him with my arms crossed, a giggle across my face.

He places my phone into my hand after a while and proceeds to walk backwards, maintaining eye contact as a smirk makes its way into his petite lips.

"I'll see you soon" he says finally before winking at me and turning around to retrieve the steps in which we came from.

I look down at my phone to see his number saved under the title, 'Train Boy💕' causing me to let out a subconscious giggle before looking back up to see him smiling at me over his shoulder.

Once I no longer see the males tall form in the distance, I hurry into the warm comfort of my home and lay instantly onto my couch, smiling at the newly formed memories of the boy I had just met.