5

- Awkward

Jennie on my right, Jungkook on my left. We sat there in silence for a good fifteen minutes, listening to the agitating ticking of the clock above our heads.

I finally let out a sigh and push through the awkwardness, "Jennie what brings you here" I say, shifting my body slightly towards her.

"We can talk about that later" she replies with a hint of annoyance, "I knew you two were close but I didn't think it would be this deep" she adds with a scoff.

"We are f-friends" I simply say, unable to find the words to describe our relationship.

"So the past four months you guys have been doing that" she says with an uncomfortable look, "and calling yourselves friends?" She asks sarcastically, now staring at Jungkook as he gazes towards the wall.

"It's not like that" he says in a deep voice, shaking his leg up and down in frustration as he rests his chin on his hands for support, "and quite frankly, it has nothing to do with you" he adds, turning his head towards Jennie with a slightly rude gaze.

Here's a summary of Jungkook and Jennie's relationship for the last four months; Jungkook hates Jennie, Jennie hates Jungkook. Why you may ask? Well, Jennie was for sure not quite fond with the idea of sharing her best friend and Jungkook was one who needed more attention than most males you may encounter.

"Oh yeah" she scoffs out, "not like that at all" she adds sarcastically, causing Jungkook to groan in agitation and stand up.

"Babe I'll be in the bedroom, don't take too long" he softens his voice as he speaks to me, giving my forehead a peck and walking off towards my bedroom, completely blocking out Jennie's presence.

Once the door of my bedroom closes with a bang, my friend turns toward me with her brows furrowed and simply states, "spill", in which I start with my explanation.

I mention everything that happened for the past few months, leaving out minimal detail as I try to get her to understand every inch of my feelings.

Once my story comes to an end, she slumps down on my couch and lets out a groan, "y/n" she groans out, massaging her temples in pure rage, "you know I can't stand that guy" she adds.

"Jennie, you're my best friend" I start with a sigh, "and I love you" I add, "but you need to understand that this is my love life and I'm the one who has control over it" I explain.

She stares at me blankly for a few second before sighing and nodding her head understandingly, "alright, fair enough" she says, standing up, "but I still don't trust that guy" she adds, walking towards the door as I follow.

"Anyway, don't keep him waiting too long" she says as she opens the door and turns back towards me with a smile, "I'm here whenever you need me" she says pulling me into a hug.

We pull away before I speak up, "so, care to tell me why you came over so unexpectedly?" I ask while folding my arms across my chest.

"Oh right!" She exclaims with a smile on her face, "Maria is back from Paris!" She squeals, causing me to do the same as I react to the happy news.

The thought of seeing Maria again after 6 years caused jolts of excitement to run through my body. I mean, 6 years is a long time to not see one of only two best friends you have in your life.

"Text me so we can arrange a meet up" I say one last time after ten minutes of giggling and talking. We exchange our goodbyes one last time before I close the door and walk back towards my bedroom to see my man laying on my bed, scrolling through his phone.

"Took her long enough" he says, setting his phone down and walking towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into a hug.

I close my eyes and curl up into his chest as I let silence consume me, taking in his scent as he sways our bodies from side to side.

We pull away and he gives me a peck on the lips before pulling me by my arm back into the living room.

He sits down on my couch and throws me my phone for me to catch before grabbing the remote,

"Take this" he says, "I'll look for a movie while you're on pizza duty".