t h r e e

beep. beep.

i slapped my alarm clock and groaned. monday was here.

i rolled out of bed hastily. i took a quick shower and pulled on my uniform. i ran a brush through my hair a couple of times and then left the house for school.

i really just wanted to get this day over with. i didn't want the embarrassment of facing minghao.

once i arrived at school, yewon just hugged me. "ahh... sorry. he doesn't deserve you."

i pulled away. on the opposite end of the hall, i saw seokmin nudging minghao towards me. minghao had a shy smile as he looked down at the floor.

"do i have permission to beat his ass?" yewon asked me as she was preparing to walk towards him.

"let him be," i said sadly.

i opened my locker and got what i needed for my first couple classes. when i shut my locker, i saw minghao behind it with seokmin behind his shoulders. seungkwan was by him too.

"listen, i get it-" i started.

"no."

my face wrinkled in confusion.

"i'm not actually taken."

i suddenly felt so bold? i wasn't scared of talking to him at all.

"so why would you lie to me?"

"i just didn't want to hurt you."

and then he ran away, seeming flustered.

um what? so that was just a nice way to reject me? i guess that was considerate of him, but i have mixed feelings.

i ran over to yewon to tell her the whole situation.

"um i will slap him." but my heart still ached for him.

as i was sitting in class, he was all i could think about. i suddenly felt so bold? like i could do anything i wanted.

ringggggg

that was the lunch bell.

and guess who i'm sitting with.

//

minghao's pov

the guys were all laughing about something, but i could only focus on jihee, until she appeared right in front of my eyes.

"hey guys!" she said smirking slightly at me. she was sitting next to seokmin and directly across from me.

the guys all looked at me. they knew about this whole situation with jihee. i sighed and avoided eye contact with her, but the corners of my mouth turned upward for a moment.

how do i say this? i like jihee. a lot. i've never seen this side of her. she's always quiet and usually talks to yewon and seokmin. even though she thinks i don't notice her, she's the only girl i notice. this side of jihee is... kind of amusing? she's even cuter when she's fired up. i couldn't help it, i grinned.

so you're wondering... why did i reject her? multiple reasons.

i'm just bad with my feelings. i can't really express how i feel to her. i'm too scared and nervous to actually tell her.

the other reason. seokmin likes her. loves her. they've been best friends forever pretty much. seokmin and jihee deserve each other, and i want what's best for her which seems to be them together. seokmin has been heartbroken this whole time because he knew that jihee didn't like him back.

i don't want to hurt either of them.

"minghao why aren't you looking at her?" vernon teased.

"oh he's just a wimp," said jihee.

the whole table said "OOOOOOHHHHH" at once. i gathered the courage to glance up at jihee and she was smirking. she looked satisfied. i looked down and smiled.

i like her.

i like her a lot.

//

a/n: i've been watching pd 101 s2 a year late lol. i'm falling for guanlin hardddd even more than i have earlier uwu
also i'll be updating frequently since it's summer ya know
also the songs i add in don't nessecarily go with the chapter, they're just bops i wanna share :)))