e i g h t

i stared at myself in the mirror. i looked... normal. i was wearing ripped jeans with a light pink crop top. my hair was down and i didn't have much make up on.

minghao pulled up outside of my house. i opened the car door and smiled as i climbed in. he smiled too.

he begin to drive, with music softly playing from the radio. it wasn't an awkward silence, more of a comfortable one.

"soooo where are we going?" i finally said after seven minutes of driving.

"i told you, it's a secret." he smirked.

soon we arrived. he parked his car and we stepped out. it was a mall?

"seriously? if it's just a mall, you don't have to be so secretive," i said laughing.

"oh no, the place after this is the secret."

oh. i didn't know we'd be hanging out for so long! i'm not complaining.

first he took me to an arcade. it was adorable, honestly, seeing him get excited and competitive over games. he ended up getting enough tickets to get me a stuffed animal. it was hard to believe that he didn't like me.

then we went to get bubble tea. once again, he took a few sips out of mine even though he had the same exact thing. and he doesn't even like me?

after that we went shopping for a while. he asked me to pick out clothes for him, as if i was his girlfriend. in the end he bought two shirts and i bought socks.

"hey jihee, i have a great idea!"

"hmm?"

"let's get matching hoodies!"

i blushed. "it seems like you like me..." i said quietly.

"what was that? i didn't hear you."

"nothing." i smiled. "if we get matching hoodies, we'll look like a couple."

at this he just blushed furiously and whispered
something i couldn't hear. i shrugged it off.

we browsed through a couple of stores for hoodies. we decided on these:

after buying them, we threw them on over our outfits

after buying them, we threw them on over our outfits. we had matching hoodies, and were also both wearing ripped jeans. now we really looked like a couple. i wish.

as we were walking through the mall, there were many murmers of "what a cute couple!" or "aww they look great together."

both of us were blushing. if only all of those comments were true.

by the time we left the mall, the sun had just set. we got back into his car and he began to drive to his secret location.

his car was parked on a dirt road. we climbed out of the car, and he led me through a pathway through some trees. i could hear the crickets chirping and the wind rustling the leaves. the smell was earthy.

we came to a clearing. in front of us was a beautiful lake, with the moonlight reflecting off of it. there were light ripples in the water.

minghao layed out a blanket for us to lie on. we gazed up at the stars.

"it's so beautiful," i said. it was truly breathtaking. you could see the stars so well from here.

"like you."

good thing it was dark so he couldn't see how red my face was.

"jihee, i've never came here with anybody else before."

my mouth opened in shock.

"then why me?"

"because you're different. special. in a good way."

my face turned even redder hearing this.

instead of looking up, minghao turned his face towards me. i then turned my face towards his. i could feel his breath on my cheeks and see every detail on his face. we were centimeters apart.

"you're seriously so beautiful." he stared at my eyes.

"stop lying."

"i'm not lying."

the moonlight shone on his face. he looked like an angel.

out of the corner of my eye, i saw a shooting star.

"did you see that?" i asked.

"yes."

"make a wish," i whispered. it felt like we were the only to people in the world.

"my wish is for you to be my girlfriend."