VII.

O7 | Pure Heroin

"Oh shit! Sorry! I know your shoes must cost a fortune." Juels quickly tore away a piece of napkin dabbing at the puddle around Exodus's feet.

"Its ok really...you don't need to do that" Exodus flushed as Juels practically began to wipe her wet toes.

"What you need to be worrying about is that big ass puddle in the front of the fridge. Leave that girl toes alone the fuck is wrong with you." Fredo snapped annoyed at his little sister's antics.

Juels glared at Fredo as Eli laughed in the background. Exodus bit the inside of her cheek struggling to keep from laughing herself.

"I just can't believe you're here.. At my house..its such an honor..your like dance royalty." Juels gushed while vigorously mopping up the puddle in record time.

Exodus laughed uncomfortably, "Im really not..but thank you."

Juels looped her arm around Exodus's own and led her into the living room. Exodus glanced back at Fredo for help but his head stayed down in his phone.

"How do you know my brother?" She asked curiously while making herself comfortable on the couch.

"Uhm..you know..Mutual friends.."

"What happened after the Dona Carpe tour? you just kind of disappeared for almost two years. You were in the peak of your career."

Exodus rubbed her nose exhaling. "I took a hiatus from dancing.."

"In the middle of a peak?" Juels asked in disbelief.

Exodus glanced over some family pictures hanging from the wall. "Sometimes life makes decisions for you.." She replied vaguely.

"But your going back..right?"

"Of coarse..." Dancing was all Exodus knew. It was embedded deep within her veins, intertwined in her DNA, apart her very make up. She just needed time.

"Since you're staying for awhile.. the dance studio that I dance with would love if you could visit, maybe lend your expertise.." Juels gazed up at Exodus with a hopeful expression.

Exodus nodded her head reluctantly, forcing a smile onto her face. She was going to have to face her demons faster than she intended to. "Sure.."

Softly shutting the door of her room Exodus rested her back against it. Closing her eyes for a moment she released a soft sigh. She stayed this way for a few minutes before she slowly bent over running her hand down the side of her thigh, the back of her knee, circling the side of her ankle before fumbling with the dainty strap of her left shoe. It fell soundlessly against the carpet closely followed by its other counterpart.

Straightening up Exodus began walking into the bathroom, her clothes falling to the ground in a puddle behind her. Leaning over the porcelain tub she turned the handle waiting as the bathtub filled. Satisfied, Exodus turned the handle in the other direction before carefully sliding into the water.

The whole time she focused meticulously on cleaning her skin, deliberately keeping her mind blank. Draining the water Exodus got out of the tub wetting the carpet beneath her feet. Forgoing a towel she picked up her discarded clothes before throwing them inside the hamper.

Exodus shrugged on the shirt she wore last night over her wet body. Sitting on the edge of her bed she faced the large window, tucking one feet under the other. Grabbing her bag off of the night stand she pulled out her lighter and a pack of NewPorts.

Pulling out two cigarettes Exodus placed one behind her ear; the other between her lips. Flicking back Lady Liberty's plastic head she maneuvered the lighter under the cigarette dangling from her lips. Her other hand cupping around the flame as the butt began to burn bright orange.