Nightmare

Indeed Jin is utterly confused.

The manager of this Amour cafe actually discriminates handsome man. Usually he or she would only hire good-looking staff so that they attract customers and prosper their business. In the contrary, he or she only hires not good-looking ones. Jin wonders what is the motive behind it.

Seeing Jin staggered at his spot, Hoseok sighs and returns to the counter. Jin stops him, grabbing his arm. Hoseok jumps in surprise and pushes Jin far from him.

“Yah! What's the big idea?!” Hoseok sounds offended after being harassed.

Jin raises both hands up for Hoseok to see. “You're joking, right? You don't mean what you said about the manager being fussy on looks. I mean, you're a handsome fellow.”

Hoseok is taken aback by Jin's sudden praise. He almost believes in Jin as he gazes into the innocent black eyes of the tall college student, alittle too long that he snaps into reality and shakes his head, denying it.

“Listen, hyung,” Hoseok attempts to smile. “There are other cafes down this same street that actually offers a better pay and honestly, a much better of manager than mine. I'm just saying this from experience. I don't want you to regret-“

“Ani! It has to be this cafe!”

“Why are you so stubborn?! What is about this cafe that you're so desperate about yah?!”

“I'm indebted to Taehyung-nim, yah Hope! I want to work here as a way to get to see him again!”

Jin has his face turned red for shouting too much while Hoseok stands quietly, digesting what he heard.

“Indebted to Taehyung-nim?” Hoseok laughs and pats Jin's shoulder. “Aigoo, aren't we on the same boat?”

“Eh?”

Jin only feels more confused than before.

.....

The sun has risen to its peak, streaming its scorching light through the glass walls of Taehyung's office. He is leafing the pages of reports, reviewing his subordinates’ work. His pen twirls on his finger like a fidget spinner, a clear sign that boredom is settling in. It is only in a matter of seconds his eyelashes flutter close, staring into the darkness until a vision too familiar takes form.

He soaks into the memory of a young boy holding his own hand, pulling him as they ran in a garden of roses and daisies. They were laughing and shouting in excitement. Their run came into a halt when they reached a wooden bench carved in vintage patterns. They teased one another, bursting chuckles in the air. As soon as they grew tired, they leaned back and gazed at the clouds together.

Taehyung however insists to gaze at his companion. Dark soft hair crowns the lad, contrasting well with his black pearly eyes. His smile melts the hearts of anyone who sees him. Such an innocent boy that will grow into a stunning handsome man, Taehyung is pinning for him.

Just when Taehyung holds the boy's hand, he moves away and stands up.
“Why?”

It is all Taehyung can muster to say. The young boy's smile is gone.

Taehyung grits his teeth, holding back the stinging sensation in his eyes. The boy steps back and back, its entity fading slowly. Taehyung stands, hurriedly breaking into a run but the boy retreats even further from him.

“Yah! Wait! Where do you think you're going?! Don't leave me! Take me with you! Yah!”

Tears eventually prickle down his cheeks.

“Yah Hyung!”

“Taetae!”

Taehyung wakes up from his nap, viewing with shocked eyes at the anxious assistant looking down on him. “Kookie?”