Chapter Three- Suspicion

Leon Scott Kennedy☝☝

Leon's Pov

"Hello" Claire answered on the third ring, one word sounding like three as her voice cracked. I pulled the phone closer to my ear, sitting up o the bed.

She sounded like a ghost and this worried me.

"What happened?" I asked, not liking the way her voice shook and broke with just one word.

"Happened? Why would you think something happened to me Leon?" Claire asked in the voice I recognized, me relaxing on one elbow. Maybe I was a bit tense.

Rather than inform her of me calling three times before this I decided to let the issue go. If she was in danger she would have informed me.

"Nothing. What's the little mix of joy on trouble up to?" I asked as I smiled knowing that Junior could be a handful at times.

"Well for one I sure hope you aren't referring to our son" she pointed out clearly and I could just picture her crossing her arms. I half smiled knowing the face Claire made whenever she chose to tease.

"He's no Angel Claire" I told her and she gave a soft laugh.

"You can say that again, don't be surprise to come back to an obese son...I'm sure he ate more than I did today because I still haven't made breakfast thanks to him"  Claire fumed.

"Hes pretty quiet" I added as he was usually a noise maker especially when he did not gain the attention he wanted.

"Please don't wish for the worst Leon , he had just decided to sleep and I haven't eaten as yet. At least if he sleeps I can eat before Jill and Chris gets here" she stated and I shook my head.

"Chris is still being paranoid about Wesker let me guess?" I asked. No matter how old Claire was Chris saw her as a innocent sixteen year old girl in need of older brother care.

"Actually I called them over, we are out of a lot of stuff Leon and I need to go shopping" she informed me. I tensed, I didn't really like the thought of Claire being alone.

"Alone?" I asked and I didn't have to see her to know she was rolling her eyes wether mentally or physically.

"I hate it when you guys do that...now you sound just like Chris Leon" she complained.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you Claire...what Wesker did has us shaken up a bit he could be back at anytime" I told her only to have a knock on my door.

Claire went silent I knew this was a topic she didn't like to talk about. I didn't like it either but just as I was about to steer the conversation else where I was interrupted.

"Kennedy something came up, looks like our stay at this hotel has been cut short" came Stanley's sleepy voice.

I groaned.

"Claire I'll call you as soon as I handle this. I love you" I told her, sitting up fully.

"I love you too and be careful" she warned and I smiled softly, waiting for her to end the call. She did.

******

"Graham sure knows how to kill us faster than cancer would" Stanley joked, sipping his beer.

"You can say that again" one of our comrade remarked as hell looked through the window. Stanley nodded taking another hard drink of his beer.

He then offered the bottle to me and I simple shook my head, another guy took it.

"Where are we even going?" The guy holding the bear asked and I actually wondered the very same thing. Our task was to capture the theorist responsible for the mass shooting.

Had it suddenly changed?

"Well...the last time I checked we are all in the same jeep" Stanley stated with a shrugged. The others including me gave him a look.

"What? Hunighan just told us to meet her at another hotel...why don't you all bother Kennedy about this? She was trying to reach him first" He asked.

"If missed the call Stanley that would mean I missed the message too" I pointed out clearly. He started his hair.

"Oh shit, yeah I forgot" he stated as the jeep rocked from side to side.

"Who the fuck hired this guy?" One of the guys next to me mumbled as he could not reload his gun properly due to the vehicle's unsteady movements.

This guy made Sherry look like and amazing driver.

"More like who the fuck gave him his license" Stanley mumbled as he opened another beer, taking a heavy swig. In more ways than one Stanley reminded me of Chris.

They both had a love for bear and explicit langue.

"We are here boys!" The driver announced as the care came to an stop.  We gathered our breaths.

"In one piece lucky" Stanley remarked as we began exiting slowly.

"What was that mate?" The driver asked and before he could reply I pulled Stanley towards the hotel while four complaining men walked behind us.

We entered the hotel to find a familiar brunette reading a magazine with her legs crossed. She looked up, dragging her spectacles down a bit.

"Well you guys sure got here fast" She stated as she stood, spinning a key on her finger.

"You did send a psycho to get us" someone mumbled. She ignored.

"After me boys" she stated as she stood and the woman next to her mumbled the word whore in a low tone. Seeing that everyone walked on I assumed that I was the only one who heard.

As soon as we were all inside the hotel room the door was closed behind us. She removed her phone, unlocking it before she spoke.

"We are after a woman that we might think have some association with the theorist" she stated and Stanley studied her before walking around her.

"A woman?" One of the men asked.

"I had the same reaction" she told him.

"You really should get from behind the desk and computer more often babe" Stanley stated as he stopped behind her with his hand raised as she scrolled on the device before her.

The guy next to me covered his face and I decided to speak before Stanley meets his regret.

"Ingrid might not work in the field but she can kick ass just the same" I warned and she lifted her head, spotting Stanley's raised hand.

Her eyes narrowed. He gave me a look, retrieving his hand.

"Nice one Kennedy" he stated as he leaned against the wall. In order to secure her ass Hunnigan sat on a small table as she spoke, legs crossed.

"Her name is Ada Wong and so far she has killed eight people since her arrival in the country. Both our and this country's government has her on the most wanted list" she stated and I looked to Ingrid.

"Ada?" I asked and she gave me a puzzled look. I sat down, lighting a cigarette as Ingrid continued. This was going to be a long month.

Please vote and comment 😊😊😊

👉🌟