Chapter Thirty Six- Man to Man Talk

Leon's pov

I glared at the man's back, with every thing that had occurred the blond said nothing. His gaze was fixed to his work and so was his thoughts.

Nothing else mattered to him when he had work to do. If the place was on fire let's just say as long as he had work to do he would watch it burn.

Not that he would give a shit what went on between Claire and I. If Claire and I chose to tear each other apart right here and now he wouldn't give a shit.

He would simply watch as he obtain pleasure in his own sick way.

I stood, lifting a metallic chair to the place which intended to sit. Next to the man that despised humanity for reasons I fail to understand.

The man that had a vendetta against everything he deemed unworthy.

Well, when I said sat close I meant at least six feet away from the man that had disorders in his facial muscle whenever you get too close. I too respected personal space and I could only imagine what I would do if the blond chose to invade that.

In the very moment I sat Wesker turned to look at me ever so slowly, nothing said. I said nothing, Wesker shaking his head as he continued working.

I studied Wesker. His face masked his emotions perfectly, way better than my face did.

In a strange way I envied him.

"Why her?" I asked, Wesker's gaze fixed to whatever he was reading. If I didn't know better I would say the man was pretending he didn't hear me.

A pretty good way of doing it if I should say.

He blocked my view with a gloved hand, no answer given to me as the man rather to not see me. I sucked in a deep breath.

Ironically the feeling was mutual.

"Why her of all persons?" I asked again or hissed rather as I hated nothing more than to be ignored.

Wesker was extremely good at ignoring.

"I deem that question an incomplete one Mr Kennedy. Would it not be nice for you to inform me of who we spoke of first?" Wesker asked as he typed swiftly, his face as hard as his head.

He would make such a great kindergarten teacher as he was very good at playing games. As for other aspects he would be a terrible teacher as based on what I've seen with Max, he wasn't very found of children.

I cross my arms, leaning back into my chair as I placed my ankle on my knee.

"Claire...why is it you are so drawn to her?" I asked, trying to read his face while he gave me nothing to read.

What could possibly lead him to find something to like in Claire? Don't get me wrong as Claire was very attractive.

She was beautiful with the purest of soul. Sexy in each and every way..

Wesker on the other hand was not a man drawn to a woman's body or face. He simply used people to get what he want only to dispose of them afterwards. 

Claire was supposed to be something to hold against Chris but we all knew that did not go as according to plan. Strange, as Wesker had the strongest determination I've seen.

"Well then, being that she's deemed a magnet I must be metallic Mr Kennedy" Wesker replied rudely, Ada choking on whatever she was having.

We looked in her direction, her mouth stuffed as she had two fingers pressed to her lips. She gestured for us to continue, stuffing her face once again.

"You want to play games fine, I'll humour you. Why choose Claire of all persons?" I asked and the blond faced me.

"I think the question should be why not Claire?" He asked, playing the game he was best at. Turn things the fuck around.

"As if you don't have a motive" I hissed with bitterness lacing my tongue. Deep down I wish he had a motive.

I really wished he had a motive to use Claire. I selfishly wished he wanted nothing more than a favour from the red head rather than her heart.

Wesker placed a gloved hand under his chin, rocking the chair slightly as he ponder on my statement. The anxiety within me built as again I really wished he had a motive.

"There is no motive Mr Kennedy..." He told me.

"And I should believe that?" I gritted. He actually said it as though I should believe that.

"I never asked you to trust me...I simply answered your question Mr Kennedy" he told me in an equally bitter tone, eyes studying me behind dark shades.

"I see potential...I see a woman that is able to look at me without fear...somebody to look at me without scorn as unlike everyone I come across...she doesn't see a monster...", I cut him off however.

"If I didn't know better you sound as if you are in love with her" I stated, the words tasting like sour grapes on my tongue.

"Perhaps" Wesker replied flatly, something I didn't expect as in his very own sick way Wesker agreed with my statement.

"And you couldn't see all this in Ada, a bit strange being that you two worked together for years?" I asked, Ada choking while Wesker coughed.

"I beg your pardon?" Wesker asked, Ada's food going through the wrong tube apparently as she still choked.

"You heard me" I stated clearly.

"Well, since you insist Mr Kennedy let me make you aware. Based on prior experiences of being doomed in situations that required a cover...being Ada's mate would be a tragedy" Wesker began.

"Not only does she carry the sex drive of a dog but let's just say whenever she decides to prepare a meal her nails are checked frequently as opposed to the meal" Wesker continued, Ada crossing her arms.

"Well since we are issuing insults I might as I well join the fun. Wesker values a good weapon rather than a woman and as for sex drive at least I have one. You practically blew our cover as you had no clue how to act like a real man" Ada fumed, offended that Wesker saw her as nothing but a slut who lacked the ability to be a good wife.

She stormed off, me awaiting something that may never happen. Wesker going after his partner to at least attempt and apology.

"Don't worry about her, she will be back to bother me when she gets bored" Wesker stated coolly.

I kept silent, staring at my hands.

"I'm no longer a threat to you Mr Kennedy...I'm not just sick...I'm dying" Wesker told me and my eyes fell on him immediately.

What?

Wesker is dying 😢😢😢

Vote and comment please👉🌟