Chapter Forty- Surprised Guest

Claire's POV

Another thunder sounded, my body jerking like it always did whenever I was in a situation like this. Honestly I prefer dry weather as opposed to the rain.

While the rain provided a cooler environment I still had a preference for dry weather. The thunder was what bothered me when it rained heavily.

I feared the thunder greatly while my brother hated the lightening. Well at least that was what I knew when we were kids.

Myabe my older brother had out grown his fear. I know I hadn't.

I missed him. If Chris were here he would have the right things to say in order for me to get over this storm.

"Claire I'm right here, you don't need to scream every time the thunder sounds!" Chris yelled, his gaze fixed on whatever occurred on the outdoors.

"It sounds awful Chris" I stated with my hands still plastered to my chest.

"Claire the thunder is nothing to be afraid of" Chris told me before giving a dramatic eye roll.

The sky lit up dangerously, my brave and heroic brother now under my bed shaking like a leaf. If I were in another situation I would have laughed.

However I was in this situation and scared shit less.

I closed the curtains in haste, joining my brother under the bed as another thunder sounded.

This one heavier than before.

"Oh god!" I exclaimed hoping this rain would end soon so I could go back to bed.

I chuckled at the random memory, the others eyeing me strangely as Ada prepared a warm meal. We were in another house, this one being a complete house as opposed to being a deception like the previous house.

I had ensured of it by circling the entire house before entry.

"What's so funny Claire?" Ada asked or attacked me rather and I stared at her odly.

Well somebody was eager to kill something...

"She thinks you're laughing at her for some strange reason" Jill stated with an eye roll. I stared at Ada odly, where the hell would she get the idea that I was laughing at her?

"I was only laughing at a random memory" I stated and Ada now smiled as she spun the contents of whatever she was making.

"Oh" she stated in a much calmer and softer tone. Ada sampled her meal, dishes being retrieved from the co boards afterwards.

"Dinner is served" she stated as she gave us our respective meals afterwards momentarily. I inhaled, liking the smell of the meal presented to us.

Wesker reject his meal by collecting the meal with one hand only to place it in the other hand in order to return it to Ada. She gave him a death glare.

He looked at each and everyone of us, ignoring Ada completely.

"My condolences" he stated before leaving the room at large. Jill rolled her eyes.

"I swear that man uses dramatics for everything" Jill stated as Ada went straight to preparing drinks.

I was about to take a bite of my meal when Jill squealed next to me, a fork in her mouth as the woman changed colour.

Jill went from tan to purple...her left eye twitching. Leon and I wore wide eyes immediately.

Now it made sense. Wesker gave his condolences because Ada was a terrible cook. Leon and I tossed our meals to the plant in the corner of the kitchen immediately.