Chapter 2: Unchained

I was confused. How and why is that secret? You walk up closer to him and sit on your knees. You both were silent while you were in your thoughts. You decided to ask him again and stiffened. “Why did you come here” “I was sent here” He says quckly. You were even more confused. But you guessed it answered how he knows your name. You wondered who sent him here, and you started to get eager to take off the man's mask. “What's your name?” You asked. He turned again silent before answering, “…Jack” “Can I take off your mask?” You asked as you started to reach for his mask. “NO!” He yelled turning his head away from me quickly. “why not? Your caught anyways” “This mask…is special to me. I always wear it.” You gave him a weird look.
“How is it special to you?” “It....It just is, ok”

You didn't really want to make him feel even more uncomfortable than he already is so you let it go. You start to notice how small he is. “How old are you?” He slowly looked at you and and answered, “16.” I was shocked. Usually it would be a middle age man, but this? He's still a teenager? That's rare. “Really? I'm 16 too!” I for some reason started to get excited. Jack was quiet. “Ya know... I don't mean to be a creep or anything, but I already know everything about you.....Everytime he sends me....he tells me about the person I have to kill...” I was even more confused. He sends? He has to do it?

“L-Look...I know I'm not supposed to tell you this...but since I'm forced to stay here...it won't make any difference if I tell you...” I stayed silent this time. “....The person who sends me to kill people, it's my job... although I wouldn't say that I get paid for it...I-It's more of a..favor o-or pay back.” “what did he do?” He was quiet again before saying, “......He saved me..” “So why does your boss want you to kill people?” “I don't know, we have never questioned anything he demands.” “We?” “Yes, I'm not the only one there are thousands out there but in different groups with different bosses.

Jack's POV

Why am I telling her this again? I mean what if she tells her mom? What if she tells the police? I really don't want anything else bad happening.

Your POV

(I'm not liking the "you's" so me gonna keep it at "i's")
I felt kinda bad for Jack. I think it's a bit too much just for saving him. I didn't want to know more about this. It's too much for me to take in. I feel like...

I start to unchain him with the key my mother gave me. Jack just watched me. I can tell he's shocked. “what are you doing?” “I'm releasing you” One arm I got unchained. Jack started rubbing his wrists as I unchained the other arm.

“Why are you doing this” He asked.

“Because I don't want to cause any problems with your boss and...I-I kinda feel bad for you.” I nervously answered.

“Thank you”

“my mom should still be asleep so you can just go out my front door. She was up all night so she won't be hearing anything.”

He nodded and walked up the stairs. I followed. When he goes to the door he turns to me and says,“Is it OK if I can have your mother's kidneys?” I looked at him in discuss. “Nevermind I'll just steal someone else's. Thanks again" and just like that he was gone.