Chapter 6: Confusion

Eyeless Jack's POV :

"Ok, ok. Calm down, nothing actually happened. Her eyes never changed, I have no interest in her. She's just....REALLY strange. Now I'm going to go back out there, see her eyes are (e/c) and continue with my day."

I took a deep breath, put my mask on, and opened the door again. (Y/n) was sitting in the same place looked at me. I stood there frozen, silent for a few seconds.

"What?"

She raise her brow, "you know it's normal for my eyes to change right? It's not like I'm the only one"

"Woah, she heard me? Wait, if she heard that then she heard-...no, let's not think of that" I think. "You're not?"

"Yeah, thousands of people around the world changes eye color like me" she says as she sits crisscross

"Really? How do you know?"

"When I was little I met others that can do the same"

"Oh ok, for a second I thought I was crazy"

"I know, I heard. Which by the wa-"

"By the way," I interrupted knowing what she was going to ask, "How did you hear me threw the door? Wouldn't you hear nothing or just hear mumbles?"

My hearing was pretty good before it was 'updated'. If it wasn't changed I would only hear muffles, but I guess because of that whole thing, my hearing got stonger in an abnormally way.

"Ah, how could you not here slender before though?"

"Hmm..guess my hearing still wasn't strong enough"

"M...how about breakfast?"

"Um isn't like midnight?" She said looking out the window. I look too.

"Ah ya, I guess we should go back to sleep...but uh I guess I'll sleep on the couch in the living room."

"Why?"

"Well uh, you're a girl and.. I'm a boy...and uh I just don't think you would like that"

"I don't care"

"Ok well uh I do obviously and uh..ya.." as I move my way towards the door I think.

Is she trying to keep me in here or does she generally don't care? Should I stand in here? I sigh.

"Look do you want me to sleep with you or not" I blush at my question. "I-I mean do like...would you-"

"It would be more comforting"

"What do you mean?"

"While we were sleeping, I had a Nightmare, and Well..I wouldn't say I'm scared of the dark but I'm scared of having another nightmare."

"Oh..well I guess it would be fine to stay here. I'll sleep on the floor"

She looks down. "Umm.."

I sigh. "Ok fine"

Take off my sweater we both cover up on the bed.

"You sleep with your mask on?"

"I kinda have to with you"

"Oh.."

"Did you expect me to take it off?"

"Not really, I wasn't really think of that" she says as her eyes turn pink again. I blush thinking what that could mean.

"Will you ever see you without your mask?" She asks.

"No one in this house has seen me without my mask, except for slender."

She nods and cuddles into my chest. Surprised I put my arm around her and sigh. "So innocent..." I say as I fall asleep.