Chapter 10: What Am I

Your POV

Me and Toby stop at the staircase, "Thanks for helping me. The next time I try to memorize the halls, I'll have someone with me." I laugh. "Hey, i-if you need s-someone to b-be there, I-I'm always here" Toby said with confidence. "I'll make sure to keep you in mind" I said with a smile.

I walk down the stares and find Jack sitting on the couch eating. He turns to me. I look away feeling my face heat up. Jack stands and walks towards me, "Come, Slender wants to see you" He grabs my hand and heads for the office. "W-Wait wouldn't I hear a static?"

"Yeah well apparently that's not working with you" He says in a serious voice. With me? I repeat in my head.

EJ's POV

Finally! Finally I get to see what she is!

I book it to the office. Standing at the door I stook a deep breath and open.

Good you both came, Slender said.

"Yes,"I say walking in with (y/n).

Please, sit down. We sit in the chairs in front of Slender's desk.

I'm sorry to call in suddenly but I thought I'd notify you as soon as possible. (Y/n), what do you remember from the first time we met?

(Y/n) seemed hesitant before she answered, "Well at first I couldn't even hear your voice. Then we did the whole marking stuff, but during that process I remember blacking out after you touched my tongue. Next thing I knew, I was laying on your desk and I could suddenly hear you."

I looked at Slender, then looked back.

This may be hard to believe but after you blacked out, blood started to come out so much. I truly thought you were going to die, so as Jack here. But then your blood started to move on it's own, creating the same symbol on your tongue on the floor. This is a very unusual thing to happen so of course I had to look into it. Now tell me, what is your earliest memory?

"Um well..I don't really know. I guess when I first moved in with my mother?"

Slender was silent. He then went into one of his drawers in his desk and pulled out a test tube filled with blood.

Here, I want you to drink this. Before it gets cold.

"You want me to drink blood?!"

It's not just blood. It's your blood I collected that was not used to form the symbol. I boiled it using an alcohol burning at 400 degrees, having it only burn for 30 seconds. This may seem useless but the reaction I got while burning, I think otherwise.

"Why do you want me to drink it?"

Because I hypothesize that if you drink this we might be able to figure out what happened to you. (Sorry for so many big words surprisingly enough I suck at science. Obviously shit don't work like that lol)

"Why would I want to drink it over a guess?" (Y/n) said with an attitude. I leaned over to her ear and whispered, "Rule number one, don't argue with Slenderman"

She was silent and looked at the floor, "fine" she sighed in frustration. Slender gives her the tube and she hesitantly drinks it giving a grossed out look. "Can't taste that bad" I say. "Says the cannibal" she replies back with a burn. I suddenly see her eyes light up pink again but this time it fades away quickly. I look at Slender and looked down.

(Y/n)'s POV

I start to feel a little drowsy and hold my head. "Are you ok?" I hear Jack say. "Yeah I'm just feeling a little sick that's all"

Must be a side effect

"It can't be I just drank it a couple seconds ago" I say.

~Vision~

I hear chanting from people around me. I'm yelling and trying to move but can't due to the fact that I'm strapped in a lab bed. Everyone was in black coats while I was stripped down to my underwear. One of the people in cloaks hovered over me and lightly cut my forehead to the Cross of Saint Peter with a dagger.

~End of Vision ~

I take a sharp inhale.

"(Y/n)!" I hear a familiar voice call out to me. I look up "huh..?"

"Oh thanks god you're ok," Jack said, "Something appeared on your forehead." I quickly look at him. "What?" I get up and go to a mirror that is on the office wall. There wasn't anything there. "I-it's gone now..but what was that?" I turn back and look at him. "I...I don't know" I sit back down, "I think I had a vision though..from my past."

"A vision?"

What was it about?

"I-I don't know. There was a dark room and some kind of cult or something. They made some kinda of mark on my forehead- like a-an upside down cross."

"And you think it's from your past?" Jack reassured. I noded.

I'll try to figure things out. For now you need some rest. Visions takes out a lot of energy.

I nodded again without looking at him.

After leaving the office I walk into the livingroom and sit in the couch. No one was using the TV so I started watching something.

I open my eyes and see Ben, Zero, and Jane sitting there watching me. I must have fallen asleep without realizing. "Do you guys normally watch people sleep?"

"No it's just..your eyes. They were glowing pink through your eyelids" Jane said.

"Uh my eyes don't glow, let alone change color" I said.

"What we just saw says otherwise, your eyes are pink right now" Zero said. I get up and run to Jack's room into the bathroom not even paying attention that Jack is in there laying on his bed"

"Hey can you knock next time. I'd like to keep my privacy please."

"How long has my eyes been changing color?" I ask while looking in the mirror checking out my eyes.

"You didn't know?"

"Why do you think I'd be asking?"

"The first time I saw it change was a couple days ago when you first joined us"

I come out of the bathroom and see Jack sitting on his bed putting a shirt on. "How come you never told me?"

"I thought it was normal for you"

I look down and shake my head as I sit down next to him. "no"

"Oh, well sorry."

"It's ok, you didn't know"