Chapter 7: Behind the Mask

EJ's POV:

I wake up half of my mask off. I take it off and sir up rubbing my face. Looking to the side of me, (y/n) had already left luckily. I got up, put my sweater on, out my mask on, and headed downstairs into the kitchen.

"Ew who would eat this?" I hear (y/n) said in the kitchen. I look over and see she's holding one of my jars of kidneys. I walk over and take it out of her hands.

"I would, and I do. Ya have a problem?" I say raising a brow. She looks at me in surprise.

"Only if you have a problem with actual food"

"What do you mean? This is actual food" I say offended.

"No that's not good, that's cannibalism"

I shrug. "Eh, what's the difference. The monster eating it sees it as food, people sees animals as food" I open the jar and take out a kidney, putting the jar on the table.

"You're the monster" she said only agreeing with that one piece, as she turns around and continues to look for food.

I roll my eyes and take a bite of my delicious kidney and lean on the table. As I watch (y/n) look for food, I decided to start up a conversation.

"So uh..how long have you been up?"

"Not long. When I woke up, to be honest, I forgot I was sleeping with you" She laughs a bit.

"Honestly I did too. When I woke up half of my mask was off, you didn't sneak a peak did cha?"

"Not really, your mask was already like that when I woke up. Don't worry all I saw was lips and more grey skin" She says grabbing rice from the cabinet.

"Ah ok" I say finishing my food. It was silent then. I watch (y/n) grab a bowl, pour rice and water in and microwave it for 6 minutes. Then turns to me with a sigh.

"What?" I ask.

"It's just...it bothers me, more like irritating"

"My mask?" Walking over to her

"Yeah cause like... I feel like I don't even know who I'm talking to"

I chuckle. "That's because you practically don't. Tell you what, as soon as I get comfortable with you, I'll show you. But you have to promise to stop bothering me about it. Deal?" I say grabbing her hands gently.

"Ok.." She says looking down.

"Hey," I say putting her chin up to look at me, "It's ok. Just for now, out it in the back of your head. Soon enough the time will come"

She smiles sadly and hugs me. I hug her back.

I feel my stomach hurting again and I break the hug with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing it's just my stomach" I sit on the floor against the counter. "I think you got me sick"

She kneels down to me putting a hand on my shoulder. "But I'm not sick. I think that's just you. Are you sick? Or maybe it was something reckless or something you ate the could have caused your stomach to hurt?" I see her eyes blink back to pink again.

"I don't know. I'll should be fine later."

"I think you need to lay down a bit, or at least relax"

I nod and get up, going to the living room I find BEN and Masky sitting on the couch. I sit with them, still holding my stomach.

"Hey bud, you good?" BEN asked as he playing his game.

"You feeling sick?" Masky asks.

"I think so. I don't weird things have happening to me since yesterday."