Chapter 3: Leaving

(Y/N) POV

My mother comes down the stairs with a tired look.

"Hey (Y/N), I heard the door close, did you come back from something?"

I panicked but I quickly thought of something, "uuuhhh, No one of my friends can over and asked to hang out. I told her not right now and that I had to take care of something."

"Did you tell what the something was?"

"No I-I didn't want her worried."

"Well I guess you're right. I first thought that your friend can help get something out of him but now that you say that I guess you're right. Have you checked on that burglar?"

"Y-Yes"

"Good, did you try to get anything out of him? I'm sure you had some questions for him too."

"I tried but He didn't say anything."

She nods her head,"I was planning on calling the police and let them take over next week but maybe I should just call them tomorrow"

Oooohhh boy. I thought to myself. What if she finds out.

"Well until then I can still try to get something out of him for you?"

"That's ok, I can take care of it myself."

She starts walking turns the basement that is right next to me.

"No you got a lot to deal with and I'm grown up now, I can handle it" I say stopping her. She looks at me for a moment.

"Fine you can. Tell me when he says anything." she says as she walks back into the kitchen to grab another cup of coffee. (Geez how many cups do you need to start the day? XD)

~Time skip because nothing really else happened Durning the day~

I come home from my friends house after school only to see, yet again, an empty house. I look at the time, "5:30" I say to myself going into the kitchen.
I make myself some Raviolis (my fav), ate it, and went upstairs to the bathroom to take off my makeup I had put on this morning before school.

When I was done, I went to my room and plopped on my bed, checking my Facebook. I then got a text from mom,

'Sorry honey I'll be home later than usual. I'll probably be home tomorrow afternoon.'

'well shit' I thought to myself as get up from my bed throwing my phone on my bed. I go into the kitchen to have some dinner.

After eating I looked at the time, 5:43pm. I sit down in the living room and watch some TV. Two Hours later, I fall asleep on the couch.

I get shookn awake by a familiar Face.

"Jack?" I say sitting up.

"Come on, we need to go"

"G-Go where? Aren't you suppose to be with your boss?" I said with confusion.

"The boss wants to see you."

My eyes widened and my body tenses. "Why see me?"

"He did tell me. pack some clothes before we go bc you might stay for a while."

"But my mother"

"You have no choice but to leave her"

I get up and head up stairs to my room. When I finished packing my backpack I head down stairs and follow Jack outside, leading me to the woods near some train tracks. I look back at the small town. And question if I'll be able to come back. Then walked along side with Jack.