ii. the boy who loves karma

Chapter 2 - the boy who loves karma

DAY 2

IT HAD BEEN LATE when Tessa Thomas had finally gotten home from the modelling shoots for her mother's new line; and when she did arrive back to her pristinely perfect, pastel pink bedroom she was out like a light, dressing the awakening that she would receive from her alarm not two hours later.

And, when her alarm did wake her from her moments of peacefulness, she was left to muse - half still asleep (as usual) - the events of Yesterday.

She had stopped Wes from beating Axel to a pulp. Progress, she supposed, but she was not stupid enough to think that he would not make the fatal jump in just thirteen days time just because he wasn't supporting numerous bruises.

Then there had been Kasey. Tessa could barely repress a snicker when she thought of the girl's look of horror when she had opened her locker to a pig's heart exploding all over her.

Serves her right.

And then she had joined the library as a worker, something she never thought that she would do, all in order to be able to talk to Axel more often and convince him out of his death wish.

And she would be starting tonight.

She sighed, pulling on a tight-fitting, short, wine coloured dress from her mother's winter line and black tights before grabbing her leather jacket and heeled black boots, rushing back into her room when she realised that she had forgotten her dark snood.

Her mother had nodded slightly at her outfit, passed her her bag before sending Tessa on her way, out to where her grey Mercedes sat in waiting, deciding not to walk this time to avoid the usual gossip catch up courtesy of Malia.

Pushing play onto the current CD that was within her car she grinned as Believer by Imagine Dragons came on, and cranked up the speakers.

Though she wouldn't admit it, Tessa rather liked the tranquility of being alone sometimes.

There was nobody to tell her to sick up the food she had eaten because she was too 'pudgy'; nobody to reprimand her that she needed to forgive Wesley for whatever he had done this time as together they were the 'star couple'; nobody to tell her she was 'perfect'; and no pressure to constantly prove herself to be the Queen Bee.

There was nobody that she could be herself with, nobody but herself.

You make me a, you make me a, believer! Believer!

————————

SO, SHE MUSED, it seemed that she and Wesley were 'on' again. He had come up to her that lunch, kissed her, and put his arm around her whilst the whole table celebrated the power couple being back together again.

Tessa sighed inwardly.

Once upon a time, she had loved Wesley, adored him in fact. She would have done anything just for a moment of his attention, but when she got him she soon realised that she should never had wanted him in the first place.

He often treated her as some kind of object, angry when she so much as conversed with anybody that he didn't like or didn't fully support something that he did.