Chapter 11 - Time

Twenty-five days had gone since Leah and I saw 5SOS and One Direction. Almost four weeks.

Two weeks had gone since Niall was on that gig, listening to me singing, asking me for my number, remembering me.

Eight days had gone since he texted me the first time.

Five hours had gone since the last time he texted me.

There were so much happening and everything was happening so god damn fast. I hadn't realised I had seen them live yet. I wasn't near on understanding that he actually knew who I was.

That had been enough for my entire lifetime, really. Niall knowing who I was. Just, like, vaguely remember my face if he saw me somewhere. It was more than that now, and it should make me the happiest person alive. It really should.

But as I said, it was happening too fast. And I couldn't make it slow down. It freaked me out. If I couldn't take a minute to tell myself what was happening, how could I be truly happy about it? Actually, I was scared. I didn't know where this was going and every minute was a constant thinking of am I really good enough to take up Niall Horan's time? Which often resulted in me telling myself that no, I probably wasn't. But I did anyways and kept texting him back when he wrote something.

Every time I was going to answer a text, I had to tell myself ten times that if he thought I was annoying or boring he wouldn't text me in the first place.

I mean - it was Niall. He didn't have one single flaw and the ones he did have was making him more perfect.

And it was me. As earlier stated, I didn't know where this was going. If it was any other guy, maybe I would start to think he might like me by then. At least as a friend, maybe more. Even if it was someone way less perfect than Niall, I would doubt myself. This was insane and it didn't feel right, like it was something that could actually happen. Not when it's close to something you have been dreaming about in years.

I knew this wasn't normal for a celebrity to do towards a fan. A celebrity doesn't ask what the fan is doing just like that when you're in class (and give you a heart attack in public). A celebrity doesn't ask you where you go to school, or what kind of guitars you have, or how you are doing every other day just because he wants to know. Because he is interested in a boring, non-fabulous, normal life.

So what was this? If I wasn't a fan to him, what would I be?

I had to remind my heart to stop flatter and the butterflies in my stomach to stop fly around and the wave of warmth to stop come over me and make me blush when it happened, when he texted me. Because whatever he wanted with this - it wouldn't turn out as a perfect dream. It wouldn't be perfect, because perfect things don't happen to me. He wasn't texting because he liked me like that. Out of seven billion people in the world, he wasn't to choose someone like me when he could get so much better.

So maybe he would see me as more than a fan by now. I was pretty sure the fandom would know if they used to text fans just like that. But I decided to keep it like that. More than a fan. How much more? I didn't know. And maybe that was for the best.

It was ten minutes after my last class had finished. I was on my way home, walking across a street when my phone was buzzing in my back pocket.

Now, that could mean many things. It was most likely a notification from someone on twitter, or one of my friends was sending something in one of our many group-conversations.

It could be a message from Niall. But I wouldn't let myself believe that because then I would be disappointed if it wasn't.

When my phone kept buzzing in my pocket, I realised that those options weren't right, since someone was calling. I groaned and had to move my bags to one hand and pull out my earphones that I hadn't gotten any music in yet because I couldn't hear the traffic with loud music in my ears.