waiting, movies, and nightmares

They'd gone to the ministry, and the ministry explained their plan. They would have to check Sirius' vital signs, check if Sirius was stable enough to bring out, shrink someone to go through the book, shrink Sirius, and bring the two back. It was going to be done carefully, and then Sirius would finally have his trial if everything went well.

There were also others inside. Ministry workers who were curious, a couple had accidentally been pushed through, and there were three records of people walking in as a way to end their lives. This would give them all a second chance. Some had theorized that the whispers you heard from outside the mirror were the thoughts of those within. The Ministry was incredibly busy figuring it out.

In the mean time, they would have to find other things to do. He'd already booked a therapy session for Draco. Then Harry had started looking through the prophet for job offers that Draco could fill. That's what he was doing now, trying to distract himself. Each time, his thoughts would wander back to Sirius. He seriously needed a distraction. (Yes I meant to do the pun.)

Soon, a distraction came. Ding dong. Kreatcher opened the door, and allowed the person in. Earlier Kreatcher had been warned that he had to let people Harry often had over in. It didn't matter if they were purebloods or not.

When Harry reached the door, he realized a distraction had waltzed right up to his door.
His name was Kevin.

"I thought a time for us to hang out without nearly dying was overdue," Kevin spoke with a smile.

Nodding, Harry did their handshake. Kevin had found out about them, and was insistent on having one.

"Want to watch a movie?" Harry asked.

Kevin replied with, "as long as it's not horror. Had enough of that this week."

The two ambulated to the living room, and Kevin gave a sharp gasp.

"I didn't know you were doing renovations!"

Harry plopped down on the new couch. "I'm not. My housemate is though."

Giving a curious look, Kevin sat in a comfy looking chair. "Right, you mentioned you had a new housemate. Who is it?"

"Accio," Harry replied. Then when he caught a paper, he threw it at Kevin. Leaving Kevin to read it, Harry got the movie started.

.......
(You can skip if you want to, just thought it would be fun to write)

Daily prophet

Breaking news on Harry Potter

Ever since the war, Harry Potter has expressed his hope for his life to finally settle, yet he remained active in court. He's given his testimonies on every person who he'd witnessed doing criminal activities during the war. He'd also given Narcissa Malfoy proof that she didn't want to be in the war, and reasoning as to why Sirius shouldn't be remembered as a criminal.

Then during one of the final trials, he stood up for his school archenemy, Draco Malfoy. This was already a large shock to many. As Draco, the son of Lucius Malfoy was indeed a death eater during the war, and there were testimonies that he had used unforgivable curses, along with letting Death eaters into Hogwarts. Then another shock came. Under veritaserum Narcissa told that Lucius had forced him into it. Lucius himself gave a statement that confirmed Narcissa's words.

There's a more detailed article on the trial on page seven if you're interested.

Once the Veridict came about, we were all listening intently. Draco Malfoy was to live with someone in the wizarding world, who didn't have a criminal record for a year, get a job, and have at least a month of therapy. Of course he's lost his wand for the year, and there will be check ins to make sure it's going alright.

Now you must be wondering why the title is "Breaking news on Harry Potter" when it's so obviously about the youngest Malfoy heir. Well, when no one stepped forward to take in Draco, he was nearly brought back to Azkaban until someone stepped forward to house him. Our dear golden boy stepped forward, and offered to take him in. Harry Potter, and Draco Malfoy will be living together for a year!

So much for his life finally settling!
For more news, stay tuned with the Daily prophet.

Rita skeeter

......

"Quite tame for Rita Skeeter isn't it? Nothing here written about a possible love between you and Malfoy during the war."

Harry chuckled. "Hermione has something against her. Quite the story for if she ever steps out of line. Not too shocked about Malfoy then?"

Raising his shoulders, while sticking out his bottom lip, Kevin made it seem like he didn't care. After he focused on the movie, which was a clear sign that he wasn't willing to speak of it.

......

"What in Merlin's name is that?" Draco shrieked.

Harry and Kevin both sprung up in surprise.

"Its a movie. Come watch," Harry told.

Incredibly unsure of himself, Draco inched forward and sat in the furthest seat from the TV.

Shortly after, Kevin gave an excuse as to why he had to go.

That left Draco, and Harry to watch the movie. At some point Harry explained a bit about electricity, how he'd managed to get a TV that worked on batteries, and why muggles liked movies. After a while, Draco had come closer not hiding his curiousity, or how enthralled he was by this technology. Harry had put on some movies about super heroes, and Draco was not budging from his seat.

They sat there watching movies for a long time. Eventually Harry fell asleep. Not long after, Draco did too.

......

Draco awoke to a loud cry for help. There was moving on the couch next to him. In seconds, Draco was fully awake, and had reached for his wand. It wasn't there of course. The ministry still had that.

Then there was another loud cry, "No! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to drop it! I'm sorry! Don't! Please!"

It was coming from Harry.

Harry had made himself as small as possible, and was curled up in a ball. His old enemy was shaking next to him, and Draco was truly shocked.

For the longest time Draco had thought Harry had the perfect life. Attention, publicity, everyone loved him, and no parents in his life to control him. Now being so close to Potter for almost a week, he was quickly realizing that Harry by no means, had the perfect life.

When Harry let out another cry, Draco sprung into action. He was at Harry's side softly shaking him in seconds.

Draco had experience with helping others with their nightmares. He'd helped multiple Slytherin roommates. Most of them had abusive family, had lost their family in some tragic way, or had near death experiences that haunted them. Being a pure blood was not what everyone made it out to be.

"Harry, wake up! It's just a dream!" Draco spoke in a comforting tone.

In reply, Harry accidentally hit him. This barely fazed Draco, and he continued to speak softly into Harry's ear.

Eventually his efforts payed off. Harry awoke. He was still shaking, but at least he was awake.

Without thinking, Draco sat next to Harry and hugged him. He was still telling Harry how it was just a nightmare, and that it was safe now.

Soon Harry fell back asleep in his arms.

.