Chapter 6.

Two Days Later
Pidge had to refrain from hiding somewhere in the castle like the previous days. She had managed to stock up on some food and only really came out when everyone was asleep. Allura however said they had somewhere to go so Pidge couldn't hide anymore. Missing her daughter she walked off to look for her, avoiding her parents as she did so. That made her wonder if it was a good idea to see her parents while Luri wasn't around, that way they might not be able to get her.

Lance: No Shiro it's our turn!

Pidge walked over to the bickering Paladins.

Pidge: A-actually guys, can I have her...?

Lance: Huh?

Pidge: U-um... I don't know if my parents are around... a-and I'd feel better if Luri's close by...

Lance: Oh no problem, you'll just need the consent of Mr 'I-need-to-steal-everyone's-turn-with-the-baby', first.

Shiro gave Lance a pointed look.

Shiro: Lance, I just wanted to make sure she's okay...

Pidge looked at Shiro and gave him a reassuring expression.

Pidge: Shiro, if she wasn't safe with anyone else, Keith and I wouldn't have allowed them to spend time with her. So can I please have my daughter?

Shiro gave Luri to Pidge.

Shiro: Don't worry... we'll make absolutely sure they don't take her away Pidge...

Pidge nodded. She started to walk around the castle giving Luri a kiss on the forehead. Pidge tried to slow her heart rate.

Pidge: "She's going to be fine, Katie... Nothing's going to happen... Mom and dad won't do anything..."

Pidge took a deep breath as Luri cooed at her.

Pidge: Hi sweetheart...

Luri giggled at her mother making Pidge smile.

Pidge: I love you... I promise I'm not going to let anything happen to you...

Luri cooed again at Pidge.

?: Katie?

Pidge froze, unable to move except for the uncontrollable shaking of her legs. She felt her heartbeat become more intense as she heard the person approach her. Pidge immediately recognized the voice to be her mother's, and knew her father was next to her. Pidge held Luri tightly, reaching a fight or flight response. Pidge went with her gut and sped away towards her and Keith's room.

Sam: Katie! Come back!

Pidge ignored her father and ran into the room. Slamming the door shut and locking it so they couldn't get in. Pidge turned the light on and laid on the bed holding a confused Luri to her chest.

Pidge: I love you sweetheart... so much... you and daddy are everything... I won't let anything happen to you if it kills me...

A couple hours passed. Pidge still holding Luri close to her. Then she heard a knock on the door.

-Keith: Pidge...? Can I come in...?

Pidge got up and opened the door. She then closed it and locked it again as the couple sat on the bed.

Keith: Did you see your parents...?

Pidge nodded and Keith wrapped his arm around her.

Keith: Pidge, that was months ago... they might have cooled down...

Pidge: Keith come on... you heard how angry mom was... she's probably still mad at me...

Keith hugged Pidge a bit tighter.