:Chapter 12:

:Noah:

Moon was quiet as we walked to my house. By now the moon had taken it's place in the sky for tonight kicking the sun out. It was a full moon no less lighting up the streets leaving light to guide the way.

Not that I didn't know the way home. 'We know the route by heart from all the running around you did to get used to your wolf form. And me of course.' I nodded in agreement with Shadows. Moon was walking silently her face at the ground and bits of pink in her pale cheeks.

"Noah. . . I'm sorry about what happened back there." Moon said and I looked at her. "Sorry about what?" I asked. "The whole them asking when you were going to impregnate me." Moon said and I looked up at her and shook my head.

"It's fine Moon. You have an interesting dad for sure. Most our taking down shotguns saying they're not afraid to go to jail if you break their heart or impregnate them." I told Moon who nodded at that. 'Seems that Moon's dad happens to not be a normal dad. . . or own a shotgun in that case.'

"Yeah my dad is something else. I love him though." Moon said with a small smile. "So your dad is an Unseelie Knight?" I asked and Moon nodded. "Yeah one of Queen Nightfall's favorites. He's the exotic because of his appearance." Moon said.

'The silver hair I'm assuming is what makes him so exotic compared to the people in the room with black hair.' "He has the icy blue eyes though, which is an Unseelie trait." Moon said and I nodded. "So your even more exotic?" I asked Moon who nodded.

"Yeah I had lots of Unseelie men, mostly Knights in training. I rejected them all though." Moon said. That sends bits of jealousy up me. 'Well ha! We got her and she agreed to date us no less, and we went on a double date with her best friend as well.'

I nodded. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your mom, was she not home or?" I asked and Moon sucked in some breath. Those lilac eyes showed bits of conflict and I felt bad. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to." I told Moon who shook her head.

"My mom died. She died of iron poisoning. She was one of the assassin spies for the Unseelie court. The Seelie court was threatening war so my mom was sent in to gather intel. My father had already split with her, but they hired some human assassin who shot her with a modified bullet." Moon said.

'A modified bullet. And an assassin who killed her mother, well I see why it is a touchy topic for sure.' "Those exploding silver bullets for werewolves the hunters made to deal with rogues with ease. Well the assassin was an ex hunter," Moon started.

I nodded at Moon. "He modified it for iron and the iron killed her. Queen Nightfall declared war and they fought with the Unseelie coming out on top. They did a fae funeral. It's pretty. She faded back into nature of the Unseelie court." Moon said and I nodded.

"I'm sorry." I told her. "It's fine, it was a long time ago. She died fighting for what she loved. And she was avenged. They captured the assassin, tortured him then hung him." Moon said. 'Now I feel bad for her. Her mother killed by iron poisoning. But I won't show pity.'

"But away from the depressing topics, is your mom around?" Moon asked. "Yeah, her name is Danielle, she's sweet. She's always eager when one of us find our mates and doesn't care about the species." I told Moon. "So your other brothers have had different species mates?" Moon asked and I nodded.

"Yeah my brother Dalton had human mate. His twin Andrew had a witch mate." I told Moon. 'All who are lovely people, Orchid is sweet and always attends the dinner and keeps Andrew out of trouble. And Isabella is very supportive but a bit awkward around us like she doesn't know what to do.'