Chapter 5

Y/N's POV

Henry, Bill, Mike, Beverly, Stan, Ben, Eddie, Richie, and I sat in Bill and I's garage. Earlier, we had spoken about our run ins with our fears. The only people who hadn't seen anything were Henry and Richie. Almost everyone who had seen something had seen a clown as well. It was freaky.

Bill set up a map of Derry and the slide projector was showing a map of the sewers. He was explaining what and where things were.

I sat next to Henry, his hand wrapped around my waist and my head laying on his shoulder. I felt Richie's eyes on us, and if looks could kill, Henry would be dead 20 times over. I bet he was jealous.

"Everywhere that I-it has been is connected by the sewers," Bill stated. "It all connects at the w-w-well house."

"That's the old Neibolt house." Henry said.

"Th-that's where It lives."

"Can we stop talking about this," Eddie yelled while standing up. "I can barely breathe. We're just kids. It's summer. I can't breathe. I'm having a fucking asthma attack. I'm done with this shit." He ripped the map down.

"Put the map back."

"No."

The slides began to change. First, a picture of Georgie and dad. Then, a picture of us on a log ride. Then, pictures of us fishing. Finally, a picture of us at church. As the slide kept changing, it was the same picture, but continuously zooming in on Georgie. Then, it moved to mom. In each picture, her hair moved a little bit until it she began to change into the clown.

"Turn it off," everyone yelled. Mike kicked the projector over.

The projector continued to change. First nothing. Suddenly, the clown appeared and crawled out of the picture. He was huge and crawled across the floor, laughing maniaclly. He started to go after Beverly, but I hit him over the head with a piece of wood. He started to go after me, disappearing when the boys opened the garage.

"F-f-f-f-fuck," I stuttered. "Th-th-thanks." I went over and pulled Henry into a tight hug. "I-it knows where we are, H-h-h-henry. It knows where we are, and it c-c-c-can hurt us."

"I won't let it hurt you." Henry replied into my shoulder.

"Let's go," Billy said.

"Go where," Ben asked.

"Neibolt. That's where G-g-g-g-georgie is."

"After that?" Stan exclaimed.

"Yeah. It's summer." Richie stated. "We should be outside-"

"If you s-s-s-say that it's summer one more f-fucking time..." Billy grabbed his bike and started to ride. Henry and I followed. Henry got on my bike, I got on the back of it and held on tight as we rode behind Billy.

We arrived at Neibolt and dropped our bikes. I ran up to Bill and started walking beside him.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Henry asked from behind us.

"I'm going in with him, Henry."

"Bill, Y/N," Richie yelled as he dropped his bike, the others following. "You can't go in there. This is crazy."

"Don't call her crazy," Henry said, stepping up next to us.

"Look," Billy stated, "You don't have to come in with us, but what happens when another Georgie goes missing, or another Betty, or another Ed, or one of us? Are you going to pretend that it isn't happening like the rest of the town?"

"I-I c-c-c-can't." I stated. "I c-can b-b-b-barely w-walk into my o-o-own house since G-g-g-g-georgie is gone."

"Exactly. When we go into our house, all we see is how Georgie is there. His clothes are, his toys are, but he isn't. So, walking into this house, is easier than walking into our own."